Friday, March 30, 2012

April Cold Antler Events

There are quite a few events coming up, and I thought I'd share them here. If you are interested in chickens, movies, or naked sheep: read on! Workshops, Greenhorns, and shearing coming up.

April 7th Breakfast in the Backyard Workshop!
Held right here at the farm, learn the basics of chickens and raising your own flock. A full-day event starting with an egg-centric brunch of eggy breakfast foods and a visit to the brooder
(where your new chicks are waiting for you!) and then a whole afternoon of what you need to know to start them off right, raise them safe, and start collecting eggs of your own before fall!

April 12th Greenhorns Official Book Launch at Williams College!!
Come to Williams College in Williamstown, Mass for this film screening party followed up with a Q&A with the director, Severine. Free grilled cheese sandwiches from Cricket Creek Farm, get your books signed, and enjoy an afternoon of agricultural energy and creativity. Plus, the best Indian Food around at Spice Root (not related to the event but I'll be damned if I'm going to Williamstown and not leaving with some lamb masala!) If anyone is going, let me know!

April 14th CAF SHEEP SHEARING DAY!
Usually this is just a private event, but this year I'm making it a potluck. Come help wrangle, shear, and work the wool and bring a covered dish. Enjoy a day at the farm and in exchange for your help you can take funny pictures of me trying to turn my sheep naked. This is not a fundraiser. It is not a paid workshop. You will not learn anything, but you will get dirty. Guaranteed. Email if you want to come help out!

photo by 468photography.com

5 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

Webinar soon??

March 30, 2012 at 8:19 AM  
Blogger jenomnibus said...

Maybe one of your local blog-readers can video the sheep shearing so's all us outta-towners can see how it's done?

March 30, 2012 at 1:46 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

I soooo wish that I lived closer than Montana to you. I think I'd be spending a lot of time hanging around your place. It always sounds like a big adventure.

March 30, 2012 at 3:30 PM  
Blogger Carol............. said...

This is my first visit to your blog and I enjoyed your photos and great information!

March 30, 2012 at 8:09 PM  
Blogger DarcC said...

I think I can make it, I will email when I'm sure. I would love to learn!

April 2, 2012 at 9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home