Monday, February 6, 2012

meet miss lilly


Blogger MT said...

What a pretty girl - I had a Norwegian forest cat for nearly 17 years - looked like your big mama - fun girls

February 6, 2012 at 8:28 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

She's beautiful! I'm glad she's starting to feel more at home. :)

February 6, 2012 at 8:56 PM  
Blogger Cat said...

She's gorgeous! So much like my Nutmeg, even to the little orange patches. Nutmeg runs around 15 lbs, maybe a little more since I haven't weighed her in awhile.

February 6, 2012 at 9:29 PM  
Blogger Ngo Family Farm said...

Yay, Lilly! No more swamp monster teasing for you now ;)

February 6, 2012 at 9:44 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

I am happy that she feels safe now. And BTW, did you know that your book Barnheart is currently being featured on P Allen Smith's Blog. He has a great review....good for you.

February 6, 2012 at 10:03 PM  
Blogger polly said...

ditto @ngo family farm... :) YAY!

February 6, 2012 at 10:53 PM  
Blogger Peter Beckmann said...

Beautiful cat! Once the humid weather came our Maine Coon knotted up bad if we didn't catch it in time. Ours required lotsa grooming.

February 6, 2012 at 11:13 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

I gotta know, did she come with the name lilly or was she named for lilly penleric from song catcher?

February 7, 2012 at 12:18 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

Is there a CAF reader out there from Uxbridge, Ontario? I think I stumbled across your profile a few months ago and I'd love to connect with you! I don't know where you are on your homesteading journey but I'm just starting out and it would be nice to meet a like-minded local.
Drop me a line!

February 7, 2012 at 12:27 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

What a pretty lady, Jenna I gotta ask how many times a week/day do you have to vacuum your floors?

February 7, 2012 at 5:46 AM  
Blogger Jenna said...

Animal hair is an issue, for certain! I sweep the hard floors with a broom twice a day and vacuum constantly, every night.

February 7, 2012 at 6:01 AM  
Blogger doglady said...

Every night during the news, I comb my ME Coon which produces a substantial amount of fur. If you don't remove the loose fur it usually ends up turning into mats which are much harder to get rid of. If it gets ahead of you a professional grooming can get you back on track however, if someone suggests cutting the mats or shaving the cat get a second opinion. I've yet to see a ME Coon who truly couldn't be dematted.

February 7, 2012 at 6:37 AM  
Blogger Tobi said...

She's beautiful, Jenna! I have a Maine Coon (Jack Sparrow) with the same thick coat and beautiful tail. I keep a brush nearby on every floor so I can brush him frequently. His fur mats up really fast, especially in his armpits (do cats have armpits?) so I try to keep ahead of it.

I'm glad Lilly feels more comfortable...can't wait to e pics of Lilly and George in front of your wood stove!

February 7, 2012 at 7:03 AM  
Blogger April said...

Lilly is a beauty :D and she has quite the motor on her doesn't she LOL.

February 7, 2012 at 7:42 AM  
Blogger Ashten said...

hehe...I love the videos of your critters. Sweet Kitty. The hubs and I are definitely cat people. We have three little sweeties out on the porch...I love the way they nuzzle. Though, someday we dream of having a farm can we call ourselves farmers and not have a dog? We're not into the hyper-active type though...we'd rather have a big lazy porch dweller. Any suggestions?

February 7, 2012 at 11:09 AM  
Blogger Teri said...

You have quite the four legged wonderful!

February 7, 2012 at 11:27 AM  
Blogger The Village Queen said...

My mom had a main coon, and he would matt badly too. Hated being combed. She started taking him to the groomer for a lion trim in spring and late summer. He loved it! Was much cooler and no matts and with a bit of brushing in the winter was still matt free by spring. Lots less hair around the house too. Gradully Lily will join the crew, all the wolves are a bit much for a kitty to handle!

February 7, 2012 at 3:55 PM  
OpenID chickadeeworkshop said...

I have a "Lily" cat, too! She looks nothing like yours, but we love her a lot. She was originally named Lilith, but it's just too hard to get out most of the time. It fit her well, though :)

February 7, 2012 at 5:06 PM  
Blogger pawsfurme said...

Ashten - What farm would be complete without a lazy Basset basking in the sun? :) Livestock guardians tend to be laid back, too but you lose a lot of ease-of-trainability because they're independent thinkers.

February 7, 2012 at 5:26 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

She's so pretty. I'm glad she's gotten over her fear of a new place. She is at home there now. Has she encountered the dogs yet? And I just love Gearge. That shot of him at the feet of the lady playing the banjo is so good. You sure have a houseful of furry guys. Lots of fur, I'm sure. I am sweeping and mopping all the time with 3 dogs. And very muddy too.

February 7, 2012 at 6:18 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

Ashten- we have dogue de bordeauxs (french mastiffs). If you want a laid back, sweet but protective and watchful breed, I'd highly recommend them.

February 7, 2012 at 9:34 PM  
Blogger Mountain Man said...

Funny - I just had my first child and her name is Lilly (spelled the same and all)

February 9, 2012 at 9:03 AM  
Blogger sara said...

What a pretty girl!! My little Lucy is a smaller cat, but carries about that amount of fur on her coat. We don't get dust bunnies here; we get dust rhinos.

February 10, 2012 at 6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home