Sunday, February 26, 2012

fattening up the blog

Blog posts have fallen a little thin lately, mostly because of the amount going on in the past few days. I just wrapped up the last workshop in the month of February (4 workshops in the past 5 weeks!), and between the stresses of review week at the office, workshop preparation, and hosting some company—I didn't have the usual writing time set aside. So the blog suffered a bit. I am fattening it up as we speak though. I'm halfway into a new chapter of Birchthorn, working on the next webinar, and just finished sweeping the kitchen floor. That last one has nothing to do with the blog, but it did just happen.Talk about a play-by-play, eh?

Just wrapped up the weekend of wool and fellowship. My last guest left moments ago and I am about to walk the dogs and take in a calm afternoon at home. I have enough leftovers to feed a small militia and the beer we bottled last week should be primed and ready to enjoy proper. Not a bad way to welcome the next few days.

That photo is of some plans Mark Wesner pulled together for the new barn in the woods, he calls it "Merlin's Thatch" and I love that name. A combination sheep shed and horse barn with a run in, hay loft, and area for the sheep on one side of the fence and horses on the other. I think it is grand. A good architect's sketches are a piece of art in themselves, and this one will be framed and put on the wall.

It was a busy last couple of days, but good. I have four days of the office to get through and then Friday we go to pick up Merlin and take him to his new temporary home at Riding Right Farm here in Cambridge. By this time next weekend my new horse will be in his new stall. Just a few days to push through and before you know it I'll be holding a hot mason jar of coffee and riding shotgun with Patty and her blue trailer to pick up the horse of my dreams.

Now, how to figure out how to buy him! A technicality that I'm not worried about in the least.

11 Comments:

Blogger Moose Hollow Farm said...

Sounds like a busy but rewarding week ~ good friends, good food & a clean kitchen floor. What more could you ask except for the pleasure of riding your Dream Pony?
So excited for you ~ I hope that the week goes quickly for you so that you & Patty can pick up Merlin and get him home to Cold Antler Farm and his Merlin Thatch (what a neat name ~ reminds me of where a Hobbit might live). Anyway, enjoy your Sunday and bask in the anticipation of next weekend. Luv ya' Jenna.

February 26, 2012 at 1:53 PM  
Blogger Allison Corinne said...

oh, that sketch is beautiful! so excited for you (and for the upcoming posts that i'll get to live vicariously through!)

February 26, 2012 at 2:19 PM  
Blogger eliav said...

hope you made some money and good friends at the workshops-- we understand the fewer blog posts, and wish you best in other endeavors.

also, sweet barn.

February 26, 2012 at 3:10 PM  
Blogger Kira said...

I keep thinking about this Merlin of yours, Jenna, and the events that led up to his arrival in your life. It all seems quite charmed and truly magical and even more so what with his name! I write this because it seems like you were on the "bad things happen in 3s" path there for a bit - the issue with the pigs and whatnot and them boom- Merlin! Wow! Of course, I do acknowledge that your good attitude and overall fortitude has a lot to do with it too. Here's hoping that a little of that Merlin magic rubs off on your readers too! I look forward to this summer's blog posts about the new barn and all the animals!

February 26, 2012 at 3:34 PM  
Blogger daisy said...

Dontcha love how being mindful makes every step of the journey that much more meaningful and fulfilling? Backyard chores keep me so focused and satisfied.
Hope you have a fantastic week, Jenna!

February 26, 2012 at 3:50 PM  
Blogger MrsBee said...

Its a busy season all around, isn't it?!
I would like you to know that your post about good and bad on a farm inspired me and gave me a much needed kick in the patoot to paint the hen house...and do in Mr. Rooster. He was jumping us but then he eye balled the grandson (they were the same height) and, well...I put on my big girl pantries and did the deed myself. Usually TrapperDude does these things, but why not me? I knew how, I just never did.
I felt rather pleased with myself that I did a proper job of it. I was prepared, prayerful and thankful not just for the ability to do it but for the meals it would provide us with. So far it became chicken cacciatore as well as chicken picatta tomorrow night.
Thanks, Jenna, for the boost and for sharing all that you do...even sweeping the floor :)

February 26, 2012 at 6:40 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

right on Bee! Making me proud!

now share your recipe!

February 26, 2012 at 6:52 PM  
Blogger maplestory said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

February 27, 2012 at 1:11 AM  
Blogger polly said...

wind beneath your wings Jenna!

one way or another, i believe you will make a superb home and owner for merlin; i'm looking forward to hearing all about your new love affair in the weeks to come. i am really happy for you, and this post is an example of good things coming to those who deserve it. yay!!

February 27, 2012 at 1:23 PM  
Blogger Tina - Our Rustic Roots said...

That's a really nice sketch. I'd frame it, too.

Will be waiting for more pics of Mr. Merlin. :)

February 27, 2012 at 2:10 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

Great looking barn and sketch. I love barns. I could live in a barn I think.

February 27, 2012 at 10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home