Thursday, January 12, 2012

settling in to farmlife


Blogger Melanie Dane Mom said...

Welcome to the world of dog people who are also owned by a cat. Awesome to see George settle in.

January 12, 2012 at 3:32 PM  
Blogger sara amber said...

ok, i'm just gonna say it -


it's awesome to see some cats in that house, lady! you know i adore mine.

and ps. that feline affection george is showing you is what i'm used to with both my cats. they would both prefer to be curled up in my lap all the time if i let them! total lap cats.

January 12, 2012 at 3:47 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

Oh my, I think I'm in love...George is so awesome! That's a big move for an old kittie, and he's handled it like a pro. I hope poor Lilly adjusts soon. Looks like you're warming up to the feline kind. :) I think you'll find that even though they're not as versitile as dogs, they'll be a great asset to the farm and home, and they are certainly special in their own way. Can't beat a snuggly cat, some yarn and a warm fire on a cold winter night!

January 12, 2012 at 3:59 PM  
Blogger Back Achres said...

Champion Purr!!!!

January 12, 2012 at 4:29 PM  
Blogger kate said...

You really had me roaring with laughter with your "good dog" comment at the end of the video.

I adopted a second dog recently, so now have a male and female. I keep catching myself saying "good boy" to my new girl.

January 12, 2012 at 4:43 PM  
Blogger Jedediah said...

He's gorgeous. I'm absolutely not a cat person, but I would get Maine Coons if I could, they are awesome. I've met a pair, siblings as yours, and they stole my heart.

January 12, 2012 at 5:24 PM  
Blogger Goat Song said...

This has me smiling all over. :) What a sweet boy! I love his purr, and I definitely loved the "good dog" comment at the end. LOL. ;) Makes me miss having a kitty around...

January 12, 2012 at 6:02 PM  
Blogger georgie said...

Isn't it wonderful how calming petting a cat can be? George seems to have figured out quite quickly that he has a good home.
10 is not a senior citizen cat. Our cat is going to be 15 in two months and she still bosses around any dog she encounters-including her large housemates.

January 12, 2012 at 6:37 PM  
Blogger doglady said...

Yup, you are now owned by a cat who happens to be a Maine Coon Cat. You will have assistance you never imagined from this point on. The Coons are pretty snuggly too so enjoy.

January 12, 2012 at 7:08 PM  
Blogger damnyankee said...

A beauty for sure.

January 12, 2012 at 7:44 PM  
Blogger Victoria Nidetch said...

He is a beautiful boy Jenna, enjoy him.

January 12, 2012 at 9:06 PM  
Blogger traxis said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

January 12, 2012 at 9:15 PM  
Blogger traxis said...

LOL. Reminds me when I was holding a friend's baby and said to him "what a good boy you are, what a good doggy!"
Mortified! :)

January 12, 2012 at 9:15 PM  
Blogger Lara said...

Quite the purr box—he’s very handsome, and I can’t blame him for picking the best spot in the house.

January 12, 2012 at 11:07 PM  
Blogger Patsy said...

I could hear the purrs. He is a good boy. You might just go and sit in the utility room with Lily. Just you and her for awhile and talk to her and maybe she will come out.

January 13, 2012 at 10:11 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

This video makes me long for a cat of our own...hopefully someday. What a sweetie, looks like George is one happy kitty.

January 13, 2012 at 2:20 PM  
Blogger The Village Queen said...

What a great kitty puss! And 10s not old, most coons live to 20! Smart guy to figure out the lap is preheated spot! Hopefully Lily will get brave. Is she coming out to eat when you arent there? Have to say it... scaredy cat!

January 13, 2012 at 3:42 PM  
Blogger sheila said...

Maine Coon cats are what I call Dog/Cats. They combine the personality of both dogs and cats. They are take charge, take over kind of animals. Size and personality makes them more than just any old cat.

January 13, 2012 at 10:05 PM  
Blogger Justine said...

your socks look really warm and snuggly!

January 14, 2012 at 9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home