Tuesday, January 3, 2012

I am a member!

I joined the coalition today, and proud to be a member. The world of food is going to change a lot in my lifetime, and small, vibrant farms are (what I think) will feed families of the future. It's cheap to join, just twenty dollars a year, and helps support a non profit fighting for small farmers, A decent Farm Bill, and running summits and meetings around the nation.

Lean more here, you don't have to be young (or a farmer!) to join either: www.youngfarmers.org

P.S. Having problems with email. Most addresses are blocking my IP address as spam. Need to fix it but for now contact me via Facebook or please be patient. I hope to have it fixed asap...

7 Comments:

Blogger Debby said...

Great idea, I will be checking it out, we buy most of our meats local and all of our veggies that we don't grow ourselves. So hope more people will begin to buy from their local farms.

January 3, 2012 at 7:44 PM  
Blogger DarcC said...

Thank you for that link!

January 3, 2012 at 8:28 PM  
Blogger From the Country Farm said...

Yes, THANK you for the link! And DarcC what a beautiful profile pic, love the lighting and the subject.

January 3, 2012 at 9:13 PM  
Blogger Joleen said...

Awesome!

January 3, 2012 at 10:59 PM  
Blogger Hearty Roots Community Farm said...

Thanks for joining and spreading the word Jenna! National Young Farmers' Coalition is really unique in being a totally grassroots, farmer organized group, and community support is really key.
--Ben, NYFC board member / farmer

January 4, 2012 at 9:21 AM  
Blogger Pit Stop Farm said...

I'm definitely going to look into this!

On a side note, in addition to getting rid of the microwave, you have inspired me to also give up my Keurig coffee maker. I'm now the proud owner of a $20 Farberware stovetop percolator that makes the BEST coffee I've ever tasted! I'm never going back to those expensive, wasteful little "pods". Now, would you like to share a recipe for your famous apple pie? It would go great with my coffee!

January 4, 2012 at 2:15 PM  
Blogger Mindy said...

Also a member! Here here!

January 4, 2012 at 7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home