Saturday, January 7, 2012

first webinar is a success!

So the first Webinar was delivered to the subscribers and I think it was met with a a happy applaud! It felt good to hear some of the reviews emailed in, such as:

"It was well worth the wait.  I loved it.  I loved the stories too.  I don't know how you have time to do all you do.  You rock.  Keep them coming."

"Awesome work Jenna! I ordered a dulcimer for Christmas and am still waiting for it to arrive. I feel like I'll have a head start with your great instructions. Really enjoyed the webinar and thought it was very well done."

"This is freakin' awesome. I so want a dulcimer now..."

"Thanks for sharing--love the webinar format!"

"We just finished watching and listening to your Webinar. Marvelous job! We really enjoyed your music lesson -- it was very encouraging, you explained just what a newbie needs to know at first, and you gave meaningful reasons why we could benefit from making some music for ourselves. I was glad to hear that we don't have to be a prodigy to begin learning an instrument."


You can sign up for webinars any time of year, and will get all the videos you missed of that season (we are in the 2012) season now. To sign up for the entire season is a hundred dollars, but you get your money's worth! This last one was over half an hour. It started with Dulcimer 101, and next up is working with wool from sheep to yarn. We will wash, dry, card, and spin it using a drop spindle. After that wool working webinar the rest will follow the workshops (generally) and you should expect 9 to 12 more this year. Some will be longer, and some shorter. At the end of the season you can get them as a DVD, so you have them to watch whenever you want. I am hoping to sell enough video subscriptions to buy a newer computer (the one I am using is from 2005) so I can create better videos and a better blog here. But right now, just running the joint is what I use the bulk of shares for. Subscriptions to webinars and workshop attendance is what makes up for the salary cut I voluntarily took this past fall. I figured if the dream is to work on the farm full time as a writer and farmer, then I better see if I can cut it just giving up one day of pay before I give up five.

That day is a while off, but so far I am making it (just!) and I consider that a blessing. I have all of your support and encouragement to thank you for how far I have managed to get towards my dream.

Hey, would anyone like it if I kept that story going of driving home in the horse cart at night? Maybe wrote a little more and more every few days? If I wrote a fictional piece about me and the farm would it confuse people? What should I call those entries?

15 Comments:

Blogger Goat Song said...

Oh, yes, please do continue the story you started! :D

Glad to hear your first webinar was a smashing success!

January 7, 2012 at 7:00 PM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

Yes! Please do expand on the story - it was wonderful and I can't wait to read more!!

Congrats on the webinar! Such great news :)

January 7, 2012 at 7:40 PM  
Blogger KellyV (Kelly the Fifth) said...

Jenna,

A few very excellent writers I read do this and have a donation button. For example, for every $300 dollars they make (and it can be any amount that seems worth it) another chapter will be written. Eventually if the "book" is finished and published the contributors of "X" amount have already bought the hard copy. I have read several books this way. It is exciting to look forward to the new chapter and feels good to support authors. I think if you do this, you should definitely have a button. It can be completely voluntary and the work can be available to anyone, but your work is valuable and should be supported.

January 7, 2012 at 7:55 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

I do have a donate button, right under the barnheart on the right side. If folks want to donate they can, but they don't have to. This blog will remain free unless the bank comes to take the farm!

January 7, 2012 at 7:58 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

oh wait, you mean the novel would only get a new entry every donation bit. I get it!

I'll consider it!

January 7, 2012 at 8:11 PM  
Blogger Stargazer 2 said...

Jenna,
One of the reasons I read your CAF Blog are your ideas!!!
Just learned my Website is ranked #6 out of the top 20 for caning, & weaving!!! Not bad for an old man whom never touched a computer until a couple of years ago!!!
You have earned success because you deserve it, & my time is not wasted reading CAF Blog!!! It has been not only inspirational
but has caused me to do things I
would not have done other wise!!!
Continued success to you, & CHEERS with a health (what ever you
choose)drink!!!
Thanks!!!
Ronnie A Very Happy X Seat Weaver!!

January 7, 2012 at 8:32 PM  
Blogger Meredith said...

Call them "a fictional piece about me and the farm". :)

January 7, 2012 at 8:39 PM  
Blogger Farmlady Wannabe said...

I vote yes on continuing the story. It conveys the sensations of the adventure - without the abject absence of those creature comforts that sooth my body and soul (you see, the resillience of my youth is long in the past)

January 7, 2012 at 8:51 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

Yes, please continue the story. what a great idea!

January 7, 2012 at 9:43 PM  
Blogger karental said...

"It was a dark and stormy blogpost"

January 7, 2012 at 9:44 PM  
Blogger Christee said...

I would like to hear more of your stories!
As far as a name how about "Life before the spark"? Meaning prior to electricity.

January 7, 2012 at 10:04 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yes! Please continue with the story!

January 7, 2012 at 11:27 PM  
Blogger becky3086 said...

I would love to hear more of the story. Maybe the "Yesteryear Story" or something like that.

January 8, 2012 at 9:45 AM  
Blogger kay owen said...

I've been reading your blog (and 1 book, so far) for about two weeks...so a newbie. Have been following Jon Katz...ofrom the time he ran to the mountain...including his blog and Mary Muncil, White Feather Farm...if that says anything at all about me. I read what you have to say because it's real...fun and informative. I could care less about fiction. You asked for comments...Have a lovely day...pretty nice out for Jan., huh!!

January 8, 2012 at 12:29 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

how do you sign up for the webinars?

January 8, 2012 at 12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home