Saturday, January 21, 2012

Come to the Barnheart Launch Party Tomorrow!

Tomorrow, right here in my adopted hometown of Cambridge New York, Battenkill Books of Main Street will be hosting the Launch Party for Barnheart! Come on down to hear good friend and famed author Jon Katz introduce me as the crazy farmer I am, and enjoy in some reading, talking, and food and conversation. It'll be an informal and warm event in a wonderful little bookstore championed by Proprietress, Connie Brooks. Connie is just back from an Indie Bookstore Owner conference in New Orleans, and she damn well deserved the vacation. She's been working harder than anyone in the book world, keeping a bookstore thriving in a town of roughly 2,000 people. She is the one who approached Jon and I to sell autographed copies. I don't think she expected to sell 1500 combined!

What I love about Battenkill Books is it is Our store. The only place I know where you can get Backwoods Home, Orion, The Believer, Chickens Magazine, People, and The Economist on the same shelf. It's the size of a 3 car garage and yet has a larger farming and homesteading section than Barnes and Noble. I'll be there tomorrow night and I hope some of you can make it, say hi, pat Gibson on the head and shake hands. Have a cup of coffee and hear about all my big dreams and share some of your own. I look forward to it. I hope you do, too. And I promise Gibson will look more excited than he does in this post paw-printing photo!

More information at Battenkillbooks.com

11 Comments:

Blogger Trekout2 said...

Rats I'll be up that way next weekend... Just missed it :(

January 21, 2012 at 4:52 PM  
Blogger farmgirlwanabe said...

Ok maybe I should read more before I go asking all sorts of questions - now I know what part of New York you are in as you mention it here in this post - sorry about previous comment regarding Antlerstock asking where you are - the old adage 'seek and ye shall find' holds true for the cloud as well as anywhere else.

I was about to order your other two books as I am finishing up Barnheart this weekend and saw on your post that you had signed books - would it be at all possible to buy autographed copies? I am up in Canada and not all companies sell and ship to us here but am hoping I could through the Battenkill books

January 21, 2012 at 5:10 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

YES farmgirl, you can buy autographed copies of ANY of my books (signed by me or Gibson, or both) just email or call Battenkill!

January 21, 2012 at 5:20 PM  
Blogger farmgirlwanabe said...

fantastic - thanks - am calling right now

January 21, 2012 at 5:32 PM  
Blogger bree said...

Oh how I wish I lived there and could attend. I'm wishing you a good event. Gibson is a beauty. I love this picture of him.

January 21, 2012 at 6:27 PM  
OpenID dagnygromer said...

Best of luck to you on the launch party.
We live 2 time zones away …

January 21, 2012 at 7:43 PM  
OpenID Tami said...

Perhaps you could put a link for Battenkill Books at the top of youe page somewhere so folks can easily hop over there to check out your books!

January 21, 2012 at 8:33 PM  
Blogger Glyndalyn said...

Have a wonderful launch party, Jenna. I enjoyed Barnhart and hope to read more of your work. I ordered mine from Battenkill and they were excellent.

The Phony Farm, TN

January 21, 2012 at 10:52 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Oh, I wish I could come. I want to meet both you and Gibson!

January 21, 2012 at 11:23 PM  
Blogger farmgirlwanabe said...

thanks for posting this post as I was going to order your two books from Ogden publishers but was able to order from Battenkill last night and this way supporting a small bookstore 9n your 'neighborhood' - folks give them a call and you too can get copies signed by Jenna

way to go girl! keep writing and inspiring

January 22, 2012 at 7:55 AM  
Blogger pawsfurme said...

Mom and I just finished Barnheart recently. We had pre-ordered it from the library ages ago and were the first to read it when it was finally delivered. :) I want to order dual-autographed copies from Battenkill of all of your book, but work has been slow lately and the budget is tighter than usual.
I loved being able to continue your story from Made from Scratch, and I was thrilled to get some of the details and back story that you don't talk about in your blog...like what happened to Marvin! Thank you so much for sharing your life and trials and successes with us. It makes our own dreams more real and attainable when we see a "normal" person doing it in reality. You can only gleam so much information of how to begin from an expert who has been at it their entire life.
Looking forward to Antlerstock!!

January 22, 2012 at 12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home