Saturday, January 28, 2012

chill that wort, son


Blogger pawsfurme said...

What is wort?

January 28, 2012 at 11:56 AM  
Blogger Kyler and Sylvia said...

That doesn't look like the wort on my foot....

January 28, 2012 at 6:05 PM  
Blogger Misty said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

January 28, 2012 at 7:51 PM  
Blogger Misty said...

Basically, wort is the beginning of beer. It's a "tea" made of roasted barley (malt), sugar (malt syrup), yeast and water.

January 28, 2012 at 8:41 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

Kate and I brewed some coffee stout porter!

January 29, 2012 at 10:17 AM  
Blogger Misty said...

I just had some Porter with coffee and chocolate in it. It was good. The funny thing is, I didn't really "taste" the coffee or chocolate. It was just smooth beer. I want to experiment with both in the future.

Right now I have Sweet Brown Ale in a carboy and will bottle it next week. The next batch coming up is Peat Smoked Stout. I want to try using some juniper and a few other adjuncts. There is a Stout recipe called Goat Scrotum Stout that is historical and would be fun to play with.

January 29, 2012 at 11:47 AM  
Blogger Kyler and Sylvia said...

*whew* :)

January 29, 2012 at 4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home