Thursday, December 29, 2011

she's back!

Last year I had to sell my Leaping Deer Dulcimer to make some bills, and sent it off to a new home at a reader's house. But this month I got Craggy Mountain Music to sponsor the blog and instead of payment via cash, we bartered for this little girl. Such a beautiful tone, and what could be more CAF then a mountain instrument with antlers!

I have only every played TK Obrien's dulcimers. Craggy Mountain Music is his site, and I highly reccomend, I have long before he agreed to support CAF.

You'll see more in the Dulcimer Webinar! Coming real soon! Got 15 more minutes filmed this week!


Blogger auntgrandma said...

That is awesome! I love barters.

December 29, 2011 at 5:06 PM  
Blogger redbird said...

Sweet-you must be pretty good about swinging a deal!

December 29, 2011 at 5:12 PM  
Blogger Karen L. said...

And what a beauty she is! My Dad made one many years ago but sold it to someone local before I could tell him I wanted it. Dang! His joy was in the making of it.

December 29, 2011 at 5:28 PM  
Blogger Ngo Family Farm said...

Out with the TV, in with the dulcimer! It's going to be a very happy new year for you, I can tell :)

December 29, 2011 at 5:28 PM  
Blogger Goat Song said...

Congrats Jenna! What a lovely piece of craftmanship!

December 29, 2011 at 5:49 PM  
Blogger jim said...

still wish she would put her dulcimer lesson on a single dvd-oh well- back to the dulcimer web sites

December 29, 2011 at 8:05 PM  
Blogger k said...

oh she's lovely. now you've got me browsing the dulcimer site. i've been wanting to try and learn the mandolin (even though i haven't really played an instrument since i was in grade school), but maybe a dulcimer would be more approachable? if i do, i will definitely be checking out your webinar.

December 29, 2011 at 9:28 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

What a beautiful instrument! I grew up playing the flute and the piano but was too much of am outdoorsy girl to be kept inside practicing even though I loved them both. Yes, I know the flute is portable but really it suffered its fate when I got braces. Impossible to play a wind instrument with a metal mouth! So, for years, I have wanted to play a string instrument. And guess what Santa brought me this year? A guitar! I'm SO excited and thank your posts in a big way for encouraging me to stop thinking about it and just do it. I'm especially excited my children will grow up in a house with live music as both my husband and I did. So, thank you for the inspiration!

December 30, 2011 at 2:17 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

I just ordered mine from Craggy Mountain! Thanks for the suggestion. I can't wait to get it!

December 30, 2011 at 4:02 AM  
OpenID kindsofhoney said...

Thanks for the recommend! Learning to play the dulcimer is high on my to-do list. They're so beautiful - in sight and sound.

December 30, 2011 at 11:52 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Holy cow. I placed my order with Craggy Mountain late last night, and I just got notice that it shipped today! I guess I'd better sign up for that dulcimer lesson!

December 30, 2011 at 4:45 PM  
Blogger TeresaNoelleRoberts said...

Love it when things work out so well! That's a gorgeous instrument.

December 31, 2011 at 12:23 PM  
Blogger TeresaNoelleRoberts said...

Love it when things work out so well! That's a gorgeous instrument.

December 31, 2011 at 12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home