Friday, December 16, 2011

LAST DAY to order Barnheart for Christmas!

This is the last day, last chance, to order a signed and personalized copy of Barnheart from Battenkill Books for Christmas Delivery. this is an amazing way to support Cold Antler, indie book sellers, and my rural community here in Washington County. If you are looking to own a special edition (first, signed, editions are special!) as a a present for a friend or to add to your own collection, these books ordered through Connie at Battenkill Books will be signed by me (Gibson too, if you request his paw print) just three miles from the farm in my community's independent book shop.

Connie can take your order, call me to come sign it, and we will mail it to you or anyone you want to send it too. She's mailed books to Canada, Brazil, Europe, and the South Pacific so far, so she can get it where it needs to go! Today is your last chance to order a copy and have all the delivery taken care of for you for those people still on your life, so give Connie a call or drop her an email, it's more than a small business, it's showing the entire Big Box industry book buyers are looking to support smaller shops. Amen.

Now, while I think today's Christmas cut off might be for U.S. Delivery, it is good to know your friend serving overseas or in-laws in Mexico can still share in the story of Cold Antler, if you want to mail it their way, inked by the girl and her dog.

You can also order books by another local author, and good friend, Jon Katz. His new book "Going Home" is about dealing with the loss of a beloved animal in your life, and his first book about living full-time on Bedlam Farm, "The Dogs of Bedlam Farm" is still my favorite, because it talks about living here in this area, alone, and with a farm through a crazy winter (I can relate). You can get any of his (he has scads), and my signed books sent your way today and under your tree by Christmas Eve!

So that's my commercial, thank you to all who already ordered Barnheart, Made From Scratch and Chick Days. It is such a boost to see a stack of books you wrote being mailed all over the world to folks who are interested in these 6.5 acres on a mountain. I'm grateful, and hope those of yours who receive these as gifts are happy with them and find their way here to see where the story goes next!

Battenkill Books
15 East Main St.
Cambridge, NY 12816
(518) 677-2515
connie@battenkillbooks.com
www.battenkillbooks.com

Or just click here to order online:





11 Comments:

Blogger Dawn said...

I read my copy of Barnheart in two days and would have read it in one sitting if I could have. Love it! Even though I knew some of the stories from your blog, it was wonderful to read them as part of your total journey thus far. I am so impressed with how consistant you've been in your quest for a farmimg life. You wanted sheep from day one and never wavered in that goal despite some significant set-backs. I really respect that quality. I've seen so many people say, "Oh, I want chickens" (or whatever), do no research or preparation and then end up giving them away (usually to me!) when it turns out to be a little bit of actual work. Thanks for taking us along on your journey. Can't wait to see what your next book will be!

December 16, 2011 at 7:28 AM  
Blogger treehuggers kitchen said...

I wasn't going to buy "Barnheart", as much as I wanted to, because I just had to part with a bunch of my books, to try to simplify our very tiny living room. Well, impulse got the better of me (not to mention a little holiday excitedness). There will now be a signed copy of "Barnheart" under the tree, to me, from me with love. :)

December 16, 2011 at 7:42 AM  
Blogger Chestnut Farm said...

Got mine two days ago and promised I'd wrap and put it under the tree, can't wait to read it!

December 16, 2011 at 7:50 AM  
Blogger eliav said...

I just bought a copy online. Im really excited to give it to my girlfriend. Its so cheap-- I wouldve paid more!

December 16, 2011 at 7:53 AM  
Blogger Green Zebra Market Garden said...

You new book was on my Christmas list, so hopefully my boyfriend ordered it!

December 16, 2011 at 9:52 AM  
Blogger Maria said...

Thanks for the reminder - I have ordered it for my sister (then I'll borrow it from her!!) :)

December 16, 2011 at 10:26 AM  
Blogger Ruth @ Hope, Joy and Faith Farm said...

I would love one... unfortunately, with being laid off for so long, all my money from the new employement is going to catch up on bills. Oh well, I'll live vicariously through the reviews until I can get a copy in the future. Coongrats!

December 16, 2011 at 3:46 PM  
Blogger chesapeake said...

Will be picking up a copy locally for sure!

As a side note, and not trying to make this an advertisement: I have a copy of "The Backyard Homestead" plus a copy of your EXCELLENT book "Chick Days" that I would love to mail to someone in need of the knowledge and really had no idea how to find anyone interested in them other than commenting here.

Would love to keep these books but my husband and I are paring down to one backpack apiece and will pick up copies in a few years when we put down roots. In the meantime I want these books to be read!

December 16, 2011 at 3:54 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Mine's on it's way to Canada - Can't wait!! I have big plans for that book, me in a comfy chair, snow falling outside, and our woodstove in our new farmhouse. Big plans. Can't wait! Your barnheart has always been that little bit of extra drive to get us where we needed to be when our hope was waning. Thanks Jenna!

December 16, 2011 at 5:12 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Couldn't put my copy of Barnheart down til I finished it. Great job! How did your radio interviews go?

December 16, 2011 at 10:26 PM  
Blogger Adam Lazar said...

On the first night of Hanukkah, my true love gave to me . . . one signed copy of Barnheart! Yippee!

December 20, 2011 at 9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home