Sunday, November 20, 2011

hell yeah


Blogger Molly Piper said...

Not sure what you mean by this.

November 20, 2011 at 9:17 PM  
Blogger Molly Piper said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

November 20, 2011 at 9:17 PM  
Blogger Aila said...

I'm assuming that you're referring to the history of the American textile industry... we literally 'stole' the plans for a mechanized loom from the British and then co-opted their textile industry. (^:

November 20, 2011 at 9:49 PM  
Blogger redbird said...

I'm a lover of the Navajo weavers who have some looms not as big as this but pretty fine-and they use their own wool and dyes no less!

November 20, 2011 at 11:41 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

I don't know whether to be creeped out or not... I'm taking a short break from cleaning and restoring the loom I bought last week. :D

Of course now I'm going to have to print that out and hang it next to the looms new home.

November 20, 2011 at 11:47 PM  
Blogger Bovey Belle said...

I can remember a big loom like coming up in auction some years ago. No-one bid on it . . . My loom is a table-top version and I have yet to learn how to use it. But heck, I can spin, so I'm a little way down the line.

November 21, 2011 at 3:09 AM  
Blogger Kevin and Beth said...

I think you'll like this!

Extraordinary Dog Extraordinary Job


November 21, 2011 at 11:14 AM  
Blogger Ginny said...

My 15 year old would 'love' this. She has a handloom (no not one of those cheapazz potholder thingies) and is making pocketbooks and change purses for her friends. She would think she died and went to heaven over one of these!

November 21, 2011 at 1:04 PM  
Blogger Goat Song said...

I use to have a lovely, 18 heddle floor loom... Sigh. I had to sell it last winter. :(

November 21, 2011 at 2:42 PM  
Blogger pawsfurme said...

WOW that's a big loom. I've worked with old style Inkle looms and little paddle looms you hold between your legs, lucettes (used to be a 18th century re-enactor). We have a large old table-top loom in the basement. If I had a good reason for weaving things (and time), I'd pull out that table-top loom myself, but I'm not even sure it has all its parts, the poor thing.

November 21, 2011 at 5:27 PM  
Blogger Barbara Dykes said...

That's hilarious! Thanks for the laugh this morning.


November 22, 2011 at 7:27 AM  
Blogger Brittany Aukett said...

Your mentioned, didnt know if you knew :)

November 22, 2011 at 8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home