Friday, October 14, 2011

meet kevin and bacon


Blogger Teresa said...

So cute!!!

October 14, 2011 at 11:53 AM  
OpenID failbetterfarm said...

ROFL the names crack me up! They look so cute all snuggled up!

October 14, 2011 at 12:05 PM  
Blogger Flartus said...

omg, too cute...must remember they are food...must remember they are food.

I don't know if I could do it. :) They just look so gosh darn comfy snuggled down in the straw. I hope they grow up ugly, lol!

October 14, 2011 at 12:22 PM  
Blogger barnowl1702 said...

We just about died laughing at the names of those two! So cute and funny! My 9 year old daughter is a huge fan of Kevin Bacon so she really adores the names you picked. What kind of pigs are they? By the way, our whole family loves your blog and we have taken so much from it. Thank you!

October 14, 2011 at 12:23 PM  
Blogger Lyssa Kaehler said...

Those pigs are pure awesomeness.

October 14, 2011 at 12:39 PM  
Blogger Casie said...

Mmm... they look delicious!! ; )

October 14, 2011 at 12:45 PM  
Blogger Carrie in Wisconsin said...

This made me giggle. LOVE the names!

October 14, 2011 at 12:55 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

Pigs totally lose their cuteness when they realize they can eat you, too. And once you see one grab a chicken and eat it alive... you get okay with eating them!

They are Berkshire/Yorkie crosses! 40 bucks each!

October 14, 2011 at 1:00 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

@Flartus--I'm with you on that one! Don't you want to just squeeze 'em and scratch their little backs?! Sorry Jenna! I envy your farmer discipline in this area! Have an awesome Antlerstock!

October 14, 2011 at 1:14 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

Okay, Jenna, just saw your response on the whole eating a chicken alive thing...hmmm...does make one reconsider, doesn't it?!

October 14, 2011 at 1:15 PM  
Blogger Jill B. said...

Look yummy! Where did they come from? Have a great Antlerstock!

October 14, 2011 at 1:58 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

a small farmer up near lake luzerne

October 14, 2011 at 2:15 PM  
Blogger Odie Langley said...

A fine looking pair and will be so tasty later on.

October 14, 2011 at 2:16 PM  
OpenID silverstarsanctuary said...

So cute and love their names!

October 14, 2011 at 2:38 PM  
Blogger Goat Song said...

Awww, so cute! :)

October 14, 2011 at 2:46 PM  
Blogger Meredith A said...

awesome! glad to see you purchased a pair.

my pig pen is in the works, slow progress when one doesn't own their own truck or tools!

October 14, 2011 at 2:46 PM  
OpenID barntalkblog said...

Kevin and Bacon. What awesome nameplay!


October 14, 2011 at 2:52 PM  
Blogger Knit Picky Knitter said...

Ok, but my dog would grab and eat a chicken if he had the chance... I'm just sayin'.

October 14, 2011 at 2:58 PM  
Blogger Ngo Family Farm said...

Too funny ! Now I'm going to have the Footloose soundtrack in my head all day;)

October 14, 2011 at 4:19 PM  
Blogger Anke said...

That has got to be the best pig name EVER!!

October 14, 2011 at 4:19 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

YUM!!! I love the names. Good deal too. I totally agree with you about them loosing their cuteness really fast. I have not gotten pig amnesia just yet so think I will be waiting to get more.

October 14, 2011 at 6:22 PM  
Blogger Tahdas said...


October 14, 2011 at 6:57 PM  
Blogger doglady said...

That looks like some very nice pork chops in a few months. What fun.

October 14, 2011 at 8:03 PM  
Blogger georgie said...

Shouldn't you get a third one and name him Sir Francis?
Piglets are cute-adult pigs-intimidating!

October 14, 2011 at 9:35 PM  
Blogger Jackie said...

Pigs are cute until they try to take a bite out of you. Piglets are very cute and squeaky when they are full,happy and comfy.
Pork shoulder roast in a pan makes me all squeaky and comfy as well.

October 15, 2011 at 7:53 AM  
Blogger From the Country Farm said...

I've raised 4 pigs to adulthood and have not once been intimidated by them and neither have my kids. So glad you got two, they are so social and really do much better together. We love our pigs and look forward to raising them every year, especially telling the people we're vegetarians! LOL!

October 15, 2011 at 1:02 PM  
Blogger Norma from Misty Haven Alpacas said...

I really love a good pork roast but I'm a big wuss when it comes to animals that I've met. I have crossed the eating-my-own-chicken barrier, so perhaps I can grow into eating a pig that I named. I'm thinking about this. Tell us more about how intimidating adult pigs are...maybe I can do this after all!

October 15, 2011 at 7:08 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Okay I just put those names together! tee hee in honor of the new foot loose movie?

October 15, 2011 at 8:22 PM  
Blogger Mindy said...

Having just raised two pigs and butchering them last Tuesday, raising and eating pigs is easier said than done. They're thoughtful, intelligent, sweet animals (if you spend a lot of one on one time with them) that are a lot like dogs when it comes to trust and loyalty. The flavor and quality of the meat makes the venture worth it, but its sad all the same.

October 16, 2011 at 10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home