Friday, October 28, 2011

lovin' this right now


Blogger Daisy Farm said...

Hey Jenna,

Another great find !!! I am all set to watch Victorian Farm this weekend thanks to you. I love that you watch it on that older iMac (the lime green one).

October 28, 2011 at 7:30 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Just downloaded it from iTunes! I loved Gosford Park and I can't wait to watch it.

October 28, 2011 at 7:38 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

If you like this, there's a reality show called Manor House based on this same Edwardian life, it's so great.

October 28, 2011 at 7:42 PM  
Blogger Charles said...

bought a tractor, a 49 Farmall cub with implements, sweet corn here I come!!!!!!!!!!!!!

October 28, 2011 at 7:52 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

Congrats Charles!!!! post a photo!!!

October 28, 2011 at 7:53 PM  
Blogger KellyV (Kelly the Fifth) said...

So good. Can't wait for Season 2! It should be on PBS in January I hope. The lucky Brits have seen it already.

October 28, 2011 at 8:07 PM  
Blogger Mist said...

Yes!! I've heard that Season Two is supposed to come to the States in January. I am so thrilled!

October 28, 2011 at 8:41 PM  
Blogger ddu said...

We have worn out our Downton Abbey DVD. Maggie Smith is a hoot! Enjoy.

October 28, 2011 at 9:58 PM  
Blogger Karen Rickers said...

I love this show!

I'm watching it at:

I imagine it's a Brit uploading it, as we're getting Season 2 now.

October 28, 2011 at 10:59 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Eeee! I love that show. Such a good time. And, as the other posters pointed out, I've gone through Victorian Farm and am now about halfway through Edwardian Farm, thanks to the link from you.

October 29, 2011 at 1:49 AM  
Blogger Paula said...

Oh yeah! I forgot there was going to be another season. Something to look forward for January!

October 29, 2011 at 1:52 AM  
Blogger Greentwinsmummy said...

argg! long comment and it lost it!!
I am so glad DA has arrived in America!!
We all adore it here. I especially do because its what I do!!
Only the house is much older and thank heck smaller!, theres no Carson,no Anna, no footmen or cooks, no chauffeur no stable boys/farm workers/no scullery maids etc JUST ME!! and I look after their flock and poultry lol

Its the most incredible job and whlst it might sound I am blowing my trumpet,well sometimes I need to remind myself what I do! and thats being a single mummy to my darling twins as well!

I open some shutters like that and play the music in my head lol!!

Today is the first shoot of the season and yesterday I laid up a beautiful table,measured between placings with a ruler too {grin}

My girls are going to work teir first shoot today so cross fingers for them! one will go out this morning and the other come to the house with me then swop at lunchtime.I hope they hold their own as they are only six,they are so full of love for the country life it makes me so happy and its reward for all my hard work to give them this life x x They know more about most things than I knew at their age thats for sure!

There is a new manor house series coming to BBC1 soon, on the restoration of one,I am looking forward to that, we are blessed with a rich heritage here.

I cant believe you have snow arg!!!

GTM x x x x

October 29, 2011 at 2:55 AM  
Blogger Bovey Belle said...

Ah, we've been greatly enjoying this every Sunday evening. MY sort of drama : )

Just noticed my dear friend GTM has posted! Waving . . .

October 29, 2011 at 5:57 AM  
Blogger Jenna said...

GTM? what do you mean? Do you work for a historical Abbey or home? Shoot? fess up!!

October 29, 2011 at 6:35 AM  
Blogger damnyankee said...

EXCELLENT, EXCELLENT, EXCELLENT. Love this show. I have watched Manor house also. BBCAmerica has some great stuff on it too. If you haven't watched the original Upstairs Downstairs that was aired on PBS you're missing a true piece of history. I rented for free from my local library.

October 29, 2011 at 11:26 AM  
Blogger thelynns said...

Season 1 is on Netflix, streaming right now.

October 29, 2011 at 12:31 PM  
Blogger LindaSue said...

Saturday after 8pm. Hope your ok Jenna. You have probably gotten more snow and are without power by now. Hope you and all the critters are safe and warm. Been thinking of you all day. Stay safe and let us all know you are fine.

October 29, 2011 at 9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home