Tuesday, October 11, 2011

gibson's enemy


Blogger Fresh Eggs Farm said...

I love the last few shots...Gibson...mortal enemy...Gibson...mortal enemy LOL LOL

October 11, 2011 at 11:13 PM  
Blogger Tina said...

I shudder to think what he would do if he got ahold of it!
(he's such a cutie!)

Don't you feel secure knowing he is on alert for any and all things that may be dangerous?!

October 11, 2011 at 11:20 PM  
Blogger Rosie said...

Too cute!

October 11, 2011 at 11:26 PM  
Blogger Gail said...

Too funny! You go Gibson!

October 11, 2011 at 11:27 PM  
Blogger John Taylor said...

Too Funny!

Grace and Peace,


October 12, 2011 at 12:40 AM  
Blogger jenomnibus said...

Oh no.....The Haunted Doll!!!

October 12, 2011 at 12:50 AM  
Blogger The Village Queen said...

Oooonoooo miss bill! That was too funny, what a dog.

October 12, 2011 at 1:57 AM  
Blogger Becky said...


October 12, 2011 at 3:36 AM  
Blogger Sonya said...

Thats sooo funny! the look on his face is priceless!

October 12, 2011 at 3:51 AM  
Blogger Marci said...

Hmmmm... maybe he is just infatuated with the cute little miss. :)

October 12, 2011 at 5:27 AM  
Blogger Jenna said...

It is pure hate! When I go in the window and move it, he flips out!

October 12, 2011 at 5:30 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

It's OK, Gibson. I'm not crazy about dolls either. They're kinda creepy.
My beagle does something similar to a neighbor's cement Lab statue they have sitting outside of their barn. She will circle it and put her head down and just stare. It is so funny! Thanks for the entertainment!

October 12, 2011 at 5:37 AM  
Blogger mdoe37 said...

Oh that is just hysterical! Love that Gibson looks at the camera nearly on an actor's cue.

Thanks, I needed a pick me up this a.m.!

October 12, 2011 at 6:00 AM  
Blogger daisy said...

That Gibson is one sweet dog.

October 12, 2011 at 6:23 AM  
Blogger trish said...

hahaha...that was too funny...I don't blame Gibson it was a little freaky looking

October 12, 2011 at 7:27 AM  
OpenID barntalkblog said...

Gibson has an arch nemesis! He looks so serious in the last few shots.


October 12, 2011 at 7:30 AM  
Blogger Kat said...

Oh my gosh--priceless!

October 12, 2011 at 7:30 AM  
Blogger Rachael said...

That is so funny! I used to have a Shih Tzu who loved to kayak with me (believe it or not). Even had his own life jacket! But any time we would paddle close to a buoy you would think it was a nasty sea monster by his reaction to it!

October 12, 2011 at 7:45 AM  
Blogger katiegirl said...

It's good to know he's got your back in the event of a scarecrow take over!

October 12, 2011 at 7:53 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Tooo funny!

October 12, 2011 at 7:53 AM  
Blogger Karen Rickers said...

So cute!

Hey, did you name Gibson after the guitar?

October 12, 2011 at 8:00 AM  
Blogger Deltaville Jamie said...

Thank you for this post, I needed some humor to brighten my morning today. My chocolate lab Bailey has issues over her reflection in the French doors at my parents' house. And while she always tries to pass herself off as a brave dog, I often think she would roll on her back at the sight of an intruder and say "Yeah, scratch my belly right there and I'll lead you to the silver."

October 12, 2011 at 8:12 AM  
Blogger Missy said...

So funny. I met a gorgeous Border Collie the other day at the vet. I don't see them much around these parts, but there he was. It made me think of your little fella. He is hilarious. I have a cat that reacts that way to ceiling fans - even if they are not moving.

October 12, 2011 at 8:18 AM  
Blogger Jenna said...

He is named after the Gibson J-45, a black, brown and white guitar I adore. I wrote about it here!


October 12, 2011 at 8:21 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

That was so unexpected. I just howled with laughter. It is so ironic that you love Halloween, but your dog wants to eat scarecrows.

Gibson sure has grown to be a beautiful dog. He is one of the best looking border collies I have ever seen.

October 12, 2011 at 8:44 AM  
Blogger treehuggers kitchen said...

I thought for sure it was going to be an old ornery tom cat. Too funny! I literally laughed out loud. Thanks for sharing, Jenna. :)

October 12, 2011 at 8:57 AM  
Blogger Cassandra said...

I, too, thought it would be a cat. Too funny. Gibson is such a cutie.

October 12, 2011 at 9:08 AM  
Blogger Patsy said...

That just made me laugh out loud. Good boy Gibs! It is a funny looking thing.

October 12, 2011 at 9:13 AM  
Blogger Kris said...

That was way too funny! I would love to see you moving that awful evil doll and see what Gibson does then.

I had a dog that would go absolutely stir crazy at the gas station when I would put air in my tires. He hated that noise but it was so funny.

Does Gibson have dew claws? Just wondering.

October 12, 2011 at 9:14 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...


October 12, 2011 at 9:14 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Thanks for the morning chuckle. Gibson is just TOO funny.

October 12, 2011 at 9:31 AM  
Blogger Pit Stop Farm said...

That is hysterical! One of my pitbulls has the same hatred for the toaster - nothing else in this world bothers him, he'll investigate anything and cover it with kisses, but pull out the toaster and he gives it the death stare, at least until the toast pops up, then he runs away to the nearest hiding spot with his tail between his legs.

October 12, 2011 at 9:31 AM  
Blogger seagoddess said...

OH, I needed that laugh - thank you! I love when dogs have inanimate objects enemies. Sasha does not like a grass donkey!

October 12, 2011 at 9:46 AM  
Blogger Knit Picky Knitter said...

That was hilarious!!!!!! Oh the horror! The horror of a scary rag doll!!! Our dog, Scout, would love to help Gibson tear that beastly doll to pieces.

October 12, 2011 at 10:03 AM  
Blogger bookkm said...

Dogs! and their brains! Too funny.

October 12, 2011 at 10:12 AM  
Blogger Ashten said...


October 12, 2011 at 10:19 AM  
Blogger Manya said...

Gibson knows that person just ain't right! LOL

October 12, 2011 at 11:01 AM  
Blogger Chestnut Farm said...

That is hysterical!

October 12, 2011 at 11:55 AM  
Blogger jen said...

Our dalmation Maggie would go absolutely nuts every time we drove by the big fiberglass Budweiser draft horse in the parking lot down the road - it was the funniest thing I've ever seen! But then, this is the same dog who would sit, not moving, literally for hours and stare into the glass fireplace doors - she thought the reflection was a whole 'nother world going on inside there! (Not the smartest dog I ever owned...)
Thanks for the laugh!!

October 12, 2011 at 12:02 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

I loved the video! It reminded me of another border collie. Turbo belonging to blogger & artist Geninne. Turbo has his own blog: http://adayinthelifeofturbo.blogspot.com/

and of course he appears on Geninne's beautiful blog:

Love Gibson. Dogs are such characters. My Wire Fox Terrier kept pacing the kitchen today asking to go out. So I opened the back door and she sees, hears, and smells the rain and puts the brakes on. She held it for at least another hour before deciding to go out for real. lol.

October 12, 2011 at 12:49 PM  
Blogger Goat Song said...

ROTFL!!! Oh my goodness, Gibson is hysterical!! :D :D I was totally not expecting a little, smiling scarecrow doll to be the fierce enemy he thinks needs vanquishing! LOL! Thank you for posting that!

October 12, 2011 at 1:36 PM  
Blogger Dee said...

I laughed so hard when I saw this! Dogs are in a league of their own, that's for sure :)

October 12, 2011 at 2:53 PM  
Blogger redbird said...

Wow! I wonder what he thinks this guy is all about?! Thanks for the laugh!

October 12, 2011 at 3:32 PM  
Blogger M said...

That was so funny! I was laughing out loud. Thanks for that!

October 12, 2011 at 5:07 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

OMG, that's sooooo funny!!! I am so sick today and just sitting here at my desk waiting on 6pm, so I can go home and that,literally, made my day!

October 12, 2011 at 5:11 PM  
Blogger Victoria Nidetch said...

I don't blame him either. It is weird looking!

October 12, 2011 at 9:02 PM  
Blogger Paula said...

Sorry I missed this- very funny! I just think he thinks it's a chew toy and doesn't get why you won't give it to him, when he's so obviously giving you the signals....

October 13, 2011 at 12:23 AM  
Blogger Alicia said...

Let's get ready to rumble!!!!! LOL.

October 13, 2011 at 8:35 AM  
Blogger Shanda said...

I'm one of your quieter readers, but I had to comment on this post! This is one of the funniest blog posts I've seen in a long time! I love how you set it up. I, also, was expecting another animal. Well done!

October 13, 2011 at 3:27 PM  
Blogger small farm girl said...

Now that's just funny!

October 16, 2011 at 3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home