Sunday, September 18, 2011

surprise in the pig pen!

I don't feel a bit of regret starting a Sunday morning with bacon and eggs when I plan on having mornings like this. I started the day up in the fields with Jasper, working on his driving lessons. Then had a great training period with Gibson and four of the original Blackface ewes. By 9:30 AM I had cooked a traditional North Country Farmer's Breakfast and worked off at least half of it chasing the dog and pony show. But I saw glimpses of progress today. Jasper stopped and remained in place for a while and then walked forward again without turning around. Gibson got the sheep off the fence easily and is starting to learn Come Bye and Away to Me. I spent the morning mowing and cleaning up around the yard, planning to do some mulching and landscaping later on after I rewire and shore-up the sheep fences. I don't want to leave for three whole days and find out the sheep escaped because I didn't take a few hours to lock down on the charge. Last I plan on working in some winter rye into the two raised beds I already turned over for the season. So it goes.

So today is a day of work. Here I go!

10 Comments:

Blogger Victoria Nidetch said...

Congratulations Jenna, sweet little face and a surprise!

September 18, 2011 at 11:18 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Congratulations with this cute little surprise!!!!

September 18, 2011 at 11:20 AM  
Blogger Green Zebra Market Garden said...

Seems like such a short time ago that my chickens were that tiny!

September 18, 2011 at 11:22 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

Little cutie! What a nice way to start the morning. :)

September 18, 2011 at 12:21 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Well that's a fantastic "good morning!"

I have a weakness versus all baby animals, apparently. I don't typically think chicks are adorable, but here I am going "Oh, those little feet!" Oh boy.

Jasper, at least, seems unimpressed.

September 18, 2011 at 1:57 PM  
Blogger bree said...

What a cutie! I wonder, will there be more where this one came from?

September 18, 2011 at 5:21 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

Surprise chicks are the best chicks!

September 18, 2011 at 5:21 PM  
Blogger redbird said...

What a beauty!

September 18, 2011 at 5:41 PM  
Blogger Brittany Aukett said...

Thats so wonderful! : ) Mother nature is the best!

~ Organic Momma
www.organic-gardening-adventures.blogspot.com

September 18, 2011 at 8:27 PM  
Blogger Champ said...

Just irritating 20 minutes of poor dealing and a frantic dog, Gibson conveyed the five horned ewes sprinting right away into me. Minor clear faults in an then gorgeous day. Got the animals coached and observed to, going to spend the night time before dark setting up the new sultry wire rope throughout the sheep's principle writing implement, give that green grass a smash. Texas Land Sales

September 19, 2011 at 11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home