Wednesday, September 28, 2011

i'm watching it all over again


Blogger CallieK said...

On my trip to England this summer we had plans to go to Acton Farm but sadly I was too sick that day and spent the day in bed in Shrewsbury- it's my one regret of the whole trip!
Maybe next trip...

September 28, 2011 at 10:32 AM  
Blogger georgie said...

This looks fascinating

September 28, 2011 at 11:03 AM  
Blogger Kris said...

Good idea!!! I just re-watched Edwardian Farm, I think it is time for Victorian Farm again!
Oh...and I just thought I would share. I got my very first egg from my backyard hens that I raised from eggs yesterday! I first saw an article about you in a magazine, I read your book "Made From Scratch," and I've been following your blog ever since. You have been a big inspiration!

September 28, 2011 at 11:05 AM  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

I watch it all the time. Love that show. I hope they make another soon. I'd love to see what other period they might do.

September 28, 2011 at 11:09 AM  
Blogger treehuggers kitchen said...

I literally LOL'ed when I saw this post, just now. I began re-watching the episodes about a week ago. Great minds think alike! ;)

September 28, 2011 at 12:05 PM  
OpenID barntalkblog said...

I love Victorian Farm. I have it bookmarked, along with Edwardian Farm.

I even went and found a copy of the Book of the Farm online to look at. I've since lost the link, but it sure is awesome!


September 28, 2011 at 1:51 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

I loved Victorian Farm, Edwardian Farm and Colonial Farm was great, too. I have also heard there was a series about pioneers who went out west in the 19th sentury which is good, too. This is my kind of TV. Anyone know of any other series of this type?

September 28, 2011 at 3:01 PM  
Blogger L-Marie said...

I have watched "Tales from the Green Valley" and loved it. Has the same people as Victorian farm.

I have also seen Frontier House. Which if facinating to watch, but have 3 real families instead of "professionals". The families can get a tad annoying at times.

September 28, 2011 at 3:10 PM  
Blogger Sarah Rachelle said...

I watched this after you recommended it the first time. I loved it!!

September 28, 2011 at 3:57 PM  
Blogger Sylvia said...

hi there, here is a link to a series we watched a couple of years ago. It was based on vICTORIAN FARM BUT IN Australia. (sorry, one finger typing on left hand) babys sleeping on my other one, lol

September 28, 2011 at 4:51 PM  
Blogger Kelly McMichael said...

I'm trying to find this on BBC, PBS, online, etc. Where are you all watching this????


September 28, 2011 at 5:30 PM  
Blogger Kelly McMichael said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

September 28, 2011 at 5:30 PM  
Blogger Colorado Girl said...

Frontier House is the one that I watch over and over again!

September 28, 2011 at 6:22 PM  
OpenID Tami said...

I have watched a lot of these series on YouTube! Now I am watching a series called River Cottage. Not a time period reinactment but lots of inspiring things to do.

September 29, 2011 at 12:55 AM  
Blogger Rachael said...

This surely is a great show! As was Edwardian Farm. It just may be time to watch it again as well.

September 29, 2011 at 6:41 AM  
Blogger Jenna said...

Kelly, I watch it right on youtube, the whole thing is there, one video after another by the code E1P1-4 etc. I queue them all up and watch it full screen. quality isn't bad

September 29, 2011 at 8:20 AM  
Blogger Kelly McMichael said...

thanks Jenna, I followed the link provided by L-Marie and found it that way. It's difficult to find with a straight search.

And to Tami--I LOVE River Cottage. So much fun and inspiring.

September 29, 2011 at 8:54 AM  
Blogger Kelly McMichael said...

thanks Jenna, I followed the link provided by L-Marie and found it that way. It's difficult to find with a straight search.

And to Tami--I LOVE River Cottage. So much fun and inspiring.

September 29, 2011 at 8:55 AM  
OpenID ruralaspirations said...

Thank you SO much for posting this, Jenna. We don't have TV and so I tend to miss out on series' of interest if I don't stumble across a reference online. Last night I watched the first 4 episodes on YouTube and simply loved it!!

September 29, 2011 at 1:39 PM  
Blogger drey1116 said...

If anyone is interested in downloading Victorian Farm, go to and do a search. You can download the entire series. It could take a few hours but it was worth the wait.

September 29, 2011 at 3:58 PM  
Blogger robayre said...

I always remember watching the 1900 house with my mom on pbs when it originally aired. When Netflix came around I remember storming through all of these documentaries. If there was a network that only aired period based reality shows that is the only thing I'd ever watch. STILL, somehow I don't think I ever saw this one. I AM BEYOND THRILLED right now to see this post and can't wait to watch it all. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

September 29, 2011 at 7:32 PM  
Blogger redbird said...

Thanks for tipping me off on this!

September 29, 2011 at 8:04 PM  
Blogger cindycolombo said...

Have you seen Tales from the Green Valley? They did it a few years before Victorian? You can buy it here

It is a UK disc but will play on most computers. They did one year on a 1600's farm. It was Ruth, Alex, Peter and two others.

October 1, 2011 at 9:39 AM  
Blogger cindycolombo said...

opps sorry L-Marie already mentioned it, need more coffee and to be in less of a hurry.

October 1, 2011 at 9:55 AM  
Blogger SuzieQ said...

I found Tales from the Green Valley and it is the same people from Edwardian Farm. The name is (off of youtube) Tales from the Green Valley based on a 1620 farm. I think it would be good on a cold evening.

October 7, 2011 at 6:12 PM  
Blogger SuzieQ said...

I saw another series like the Edwardian Farm with the same people. It is on youtube and is called Tales From The Green Valley. It is based on a 1620 farm. Hope you enjoy them as I have enjoyed all of the series.

October 7, 2011 at 6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home