Tuesday, August 2, 2011

p.s.

Good news: the permit finally came to build the new chimney, and I was able to send the deposit on the parts with the folks at the Stovery, thanks to a new partnership with a popular artist (more soon), your workshop donations, and a renewed ad from MyPetChicken.com, I scrounged up enough to cover the half-cost of supplies to secure a chimney installation! Now I have to gather together what it takes for the other half and labor, but just having made that deposit and holding the pink paperwork in my hands feels more than halfway there. I know I can pull these fall projects together.

Just two hours of sleep last night. I feel dizzy. Heat lightening kept me up. But I think a calm morning and iced coffee will set me right.

10 Comments:

Blogger Kyler and Sylvia said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

August 2, 2011 at 9:08 AM  
Blogger Kris said...

That;s great news, Jenna! I know you are relieved to have that taken care of. And you are so resourceful. Good for you.

August 2, 2011 at 9:23 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

Oh I feel for you- we had heat lightning in Ontario too and it kept me up all night. 2 hours is a far cry from the 10-12 I seem to be needing lately- even being pregnant or working as hard as you do, it's hard to give yourself permission to get the rest you need without feeling guilty.
Take it easy today!

August 2, 2011 at 2:05 PM  
OpenID barntalkblog said...

We had a nasty electrical storm last night! I wish it was only heat lightning.

I hope you can find some time to sit back today/tomorrow and relax a bit!

-Autumn

August 2, 2011 at 4:42 PM  
Blogger Zoe Tilley Poster said...

Good news! We had the most extreme and beautiful heat lightning I've ever seen last night, too (in northeast PA). Interesting to know it stretched all through the northeast.

August 2, 2011 at 6:24 PM  
Blogger sheila said...

Be careful driving. Read a study about sleep deprivation and drivers. Surprisingly drunk drivers were safer than those that were severely sleep deprived. Hope tonight is a better sleeping night.

August 2, 2011 at 7:03 PM  
Blogger Trish said...

Woot Woot!! Progress each and every day!

August 2, 2011 at 10:00 PM  
Blogger jennifer said...

I love your plans for the stove. I would love to have one just for cooking but there are so few cold days here I would not get to use it much. Your progress on all your projects is impressive. Little bits at a time get more done than we think. Glad your kits are better.The bottomless cage sounds like a good idea. Sort of like a chicken tractor but for bunnies so I guess it is a bunny tractor! :)

August 3, 2011 at 6:07 AM  
Blogger Charles said...

6 hours of rest everyday, without fail.

Make it a habit.

August 3, 2011 at 8:33 AM  
Blogger Tiffrz-N-Kidz said...

Jenna -
Are you still taking dressage lessons? (In your copious free time?) I have a book I'd like to send you if you are.

August 3, 2011 at 9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home