Saturday, August 6, 2011

photos from the field

Had a great lesson today with Gibson down at Taravale Farms in Esperence. Since I was already heading down to pick up the first of two ewe lambs I was getting from Barb (replacing Lisette and Pidge from this year's breeding) I decided to take in a lesson with Gibson. It went so well. He is really starting to come along, to think before he charges in, to pay attention to the human on the scene. We have a long way to go, but we are certainly getting there.

4 Comments:

Blogger From the Country Farm said...

been out of the loop for a bit, why are you replacing your sheep? what happened?!

August 6, 2011 at 8:21 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

Just two! Lisette and her lamb are not fit to breed this year.

August 6, 2011 at 8:26 PM  
Blogger Tealah said...

It's sad when it happens that you have to cull (in the nicest sense of the word) livestock, but I'm glad you're sensible enough to do it. I know too many people who would breed them anyway just because they're available, convenient, cheapest, what-have-you. You are my homesteading idol.

August 6, 2011 at 11:24 PM  
Blogger Joie said...

I love Barb! One day I hope to have her patience and no-nonsense approach to animals. So glad you had a good lesson there.

August 8, 2011 at 9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home