Friday, August 19, 2011

Order Signed Copies of Barnheart!

I have some good news for anyone interested in a personalized and signed copy of Barnheart. Connie Brook—who owns Battenkill Books in downtown Cambridge—and I had a conversation. She is going to pre-sell copies of Barnheart and deliver them right to your door. You can also get signed copies of Chick Days or Made From Scratch right now. This is a way to support an independent book store and get the book signed by the author at the same time. Because of the farm, I don't do a lot of touring for my books, so this may be the only way to grab a scribbled-on copy. I am thrilled to do it.

If you are interested, call or email Connie at the number below and she'll take down your information and requests. Then, this early winter when Barnheart comes out, I'll head down to the bookstore and sign them for you. Gibson possibly will too (if you don't mind pawprints on your books Title Pages) and you'll receieve them shortly after they hit the press. I thank you in advance, and hope she gets a stack big enough to inspire her to get those chickens she was talking to me about. Cambridge might be allowing the chooks in town, a big deal in this one-stoplight burg.

Battenkill Books
15 East Main St.
Cambridge, NY 12816
(518) 677-2515
connie@battenkillbooks.com
www.battenkillbooks.com

14 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

When does the book come out? After October?

August 19, 2011 at 8:38 AM  
Blogger Jenna said...

I think late Dec/early jan?

August 19, 2011 at 9:10 AM  
Blogger Jenna said...

Connie emailed and said orders are already coming in!

August 19, 2011 at 9:25 AM  
Blogger Tara said...

I was hoping to save some postage. :) S'ok - it will be a nice Christmas present to myself!

August 19, 2011 at 10:08 AM  
Blogger bookkm said...

I read the ARC, lost it and Storey sent me another copy! (all chronicled on my blog). The book is so much fun I became a follower of your blog. I'd love to have a signed copy though. And I haven't read Chick Days. This ordering signed first editions is a great idea. (Thanks, John & Hank Green for publicizing this idea on Nerdfighters).

August 19, 2011 at 10:33 AM  
Blogger Jenna said...

what is nerdfighters?

August 19, 2011 at 11:14 AM  
Blogger karental said...

I ordered mine! Hey, Jenna, I hear Farm Aid might be holding their concert up your way next year. If so, MisterTal and I might be coming to Veryork. Fingers crossed.

August 19, 2011 at 11:51 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

I'm going to order my copy! I look forward to paw prints from Gibson!

August 19, 2011 at 12:52 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

I absolutely adore this photo, btw.

August 19, 2011 at 3:48 PM  
Blogger Tracee said...

Battenkill books is quite possibly my favorite bookstore! So funny, its 15 minutes from my sisters house, where I am going tomorrow. Think we'll have to stop by...

August 19, 2011 at 4:12 PM  
Blogger bookkm said...

Jenna, Nerdfighters is a social network on Ning, about YA books and authors, pretty much created by the Green brothers, John and Hank. John sold out the entire first printing of his new book, "The Fault Is In Our Stars", by promising members of Nerdfighters that he would personally sign every single book. Check them out for great marketing ideas for authors. Hank is a clever and very funny songwriter, too.

August 19, 2011 at 4:16 PM  
Blogger adajane said...

Hi Jenna! Congrats on your new book. I have a question for you. I make wrist cuffs (usually christian related cuffs) and recently made a line of country girl/farm girl cuffs. I made a Barn Heart cuff - inspired by your blog. I don't check in much anymore and when I went to your blog today I saw that you have a new book coined BarnHeart. I sell my cuffs on Etsy and wanted to know if you are opposed to my selling a cuff with this term online. I did reference your blog. However, if you do not like the cuff being sold on Etsy please let me know and I will remove it. I sell on Etsy and also in my local area at bazaars and such. I do this as a hobby and it is really not a "business" per-se. Anyway, here is my etsy shop www.adajane.etsy.com Let me know as I don't want to offend you.

August 19, 2011 at 5:46 PM  
Blogger bookkm said...

Books are ordered. Thanks, Jenna!

August 19, 2011 at 6:38 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Hi Jenna - speaking of opportunities for signed copies and such... I was in Bennington last weekend and at the market on Saturday, but didn't see you. I was wondering, are you still doing the Walloomsac farmer's market?

August 20, 2011 at 5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home