Wednesday, June 1, 2011

workshops!

I have been getting emails about workshops, and when they are coming up. I have a Meat Bird Workshop This Saturday, June 4th, and a Sheep 101 workshop Sunday, June 19th. Meat Rabbits is in August, and I am considering a general Backyard Farming for Beginners Workshop for late July, and again in August and Sept. The Backyard Farming workshop will be an overview of growing food in small spaces and cover a basic overview of everything from beekeeping to butchering rabbits. If you're interested, let me know?

And another reader email brought up a suggestion I thought I would share. If you would like to come to a workshop at some point, but not sure when, but would like to pay a fixed tuition rate now to be used any time in the next three years? You can do that as well. Just email me for the details. Some folks like knowing they have paid up front and when the timing is right they'll just buy that plane, train, or bus ticket to Cold Antler.

7 Comments:

Blogger 17th stitch said...

I'd be totally interested in the Backyard Farming program...

June 1, 2011 at 3:24 PM  
Blogger Jason Lyons said...

Hey Jenna,

I am considering attending the meat rabbit workshop - what is the cost and are there still spaces? I am in Harrisburg, PA and do quite a bit of "experimenting" in my small backyard homestead as I like to call it.

Thanks,
Jason

June 1, 2011 at 3:26 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

Maybe I'll announce it, and make a workshop link on this blog so people can always check back.

Jason, it's a 125 donation.

June 1, 2011 at 6:51 PM  
Blogger Growing-things said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

June 2, 2011 at 5:15 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Hi Jenna,

I'd be really interested in a Backyard Farming workshop! I'm a student so time and money are a little crunched but I'd make every effort to come to a summer workshop. Thanks!

Sarah

June 2, 2011 at 5:18 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

I am interested in a general backyard farming workshop. I need to connect with people who don't think I'm crazy. I'm in Boston so I can't have chickens. My husband is horrified at the idea of butchering rabbits and a stinkin' woodchuck just ate my garden. I need a little encouragement :(.

June 2, 2011 at 9:42 AM  
Blogger Jamie Elfrank said...

I would definitely be interested in coming back for the backyard farming workshop Jenna. Let me know when/how much and I'll see if I can make it work. The chicken workshop was amazing and I would love to learn more about gardening in small spaces, especially how to coordinate your crops for max yield. Also, I really like the idea of paying in advance for a workshop.

June 2, 2011 at 5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home