Thursday, June 30, 2011

three-day weekend coming right up

This weekend has a lot in store for me, all of it good. Three days away from the office, a luxury that is planting a seed in my little brain. There's a lot to get done, and the bulk of it will be accomplished with willing help. Saturday a woman is coming from out of state to spend an entire day on the farm with me, working, training jasper, taking care of the stock, running to pick up hay, the works. She's never spent a day working on any sort of farm, and this one will certainly offer a wide-range of activities. Day internships are a new thing here, but should be a hoot.

Sunday is a road trip east into New Hampshire for a pony-cart pickup. Gibson and I will travel across Vermont, through new country for us both, and then back home to store the buggy in the barn until I can coax my neighbor (technical/vehicle genius) to show me what needs fixing. I can handle wood, nails, and paint. But other things might require a pro... By the fall workshop it should be ready to see in action!

Monday is a Holiday. It will be treated as such. No plans but grilling and rest. I look forward to a day on the farm with the truck parked, feet unshod, and fiddle at the ready. Everyone, have a great and safe holiday.

P.S. has everyone contacted and shipped their books for the swap? remember that it is your responsibility to contact the comment below you to gather their email address, don't wait for someone to contact you first! And if you can not take part, please let the person know.

10 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Wait, am I going three days without news from CAF. I think I have a problem because that seems like a long time to go without hearing about Jasper, chickens, sheep and ducks.

June 30, 2011 at 1:53 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

June 30, 2011 at 1:54 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

no no, I'll be posting up a mighty storm. Just wanted to wish you all who might not be at computers a happy weekend.

June 30, 2011 at 1:55 PM  
Blogger Natalie said...

Neat photo. I've taken a similar one. With spots (appaloosa)!

Eager to hear of this cart!

June 30, 2011 at 5:21 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Phew!

June 30, 2011 at 8:45 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

If you want/need a pit stop to or from NH.My farm is in Lyman Maine I have working horses...I would love to give you food drink and a tour pup as well

June 30, 2011 at 8:57 PM  
Blogger Shire's Mom said...

Hi Jenna; I'm new to your blog; but not new to what you're doing. =)

I love your "horse power;" I'm looking for a deal on a cart for my boy; but he's a bit bigger than yours. The trip across VT will be beautiful; we ride in Woodstock, VT and the mountains are gorgeous; if a bit on the rough side on your vehicles.

Congratulations and enjoy the journey as well as the many destinations along your way!

June 30, 2011 at 8:59 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

Lisa, how far are you from Canaan?

June 30, 2011 at 9:25 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

I just want to say (regarding your P.S.) - I sent my book off to my swap recipient, and already received my book today! Thanks to Karen for a really lovely letter and what looks to be a great read! I LOVE THIS!

A very happy Fourth to everyone - wish I could light some fireworks (love them more than nearly anything) but the fire risk is just too great this year. Everyone be safe and have fun!

June 30, 2011 at 10:33 PM  
Blogger Tish said...

How do I sign up to receive this blog?

July 1, 2011 at 8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home