Saturday, May 21, 2011

folks in town

My folks are visiting from PA (it's the reason the posting has been thin). All is well though. They arrived yesterday afternoon and when my mother met Jasper he tried to eat her beaded bracelet (that wasn't the best introduction), but it was all uphill from there.

I had friends over for some charcoal grilling and beer. It was a night of pond-bass fishing for the kids and chatter for the adults. A beautiful night, too. A thunderstorm rolled over in Vermont but only a shower reached us. The Daughton boys came back in the house wet from the shower, but proud of the fish they caught and offered no signs of the big fat snapping turtle.

This morning I'm making a breakfast of eggs we may head over to Gardenworks to look at bedding plants and the art gallery. If the rain hold out it should be a banner day. Here's to Washington Count putting on the dog for us! More photos and updates later today!

7 Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

Have a wonderful weekend with your family.

May 21, 2011 at 7:41 AM  
Blogger judy said...

we want to see a picture of the big snapping turtle-coax him out or something[ we grand-kids and I ]

May 21, 2011 at 7:59 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

My boys so need to go fishing! Have a great weekend. I have to figure out how to keep the animals out of my garden. It seems that they are burying things in it and trampling all of my plants in the process. As a complete rookie I feel a bit defeated.

May 21, 2011 at 10:10 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

We have family streatched from N.Y to FL. and everwhere in between, but we're all alone here in KY. We really cherish the times we can visit, or family visits us. Enjoy the weekend with your family! I look forward to more posts and pics.

Blessings,
Debi

May 21, 2011 at 11:43 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

Throw some trout in that pond .. there's some good eating! Get a catfish or 2 and they will keep the bottom cleaned up and that ole' snapper should go .. you could make some dandy soup outta him/her!

May 21, 2011 at 12:16 PM  
Blogger doglady said...

My childhood home was on the Walloomsac River. Every spring at least one Snapping Turtle would migrate through our yard. They are pretty neat animals. I hate it when I see them hit on the road especially when it is obvious it was intentional. Enjoy him/her/them. If you can find a baby you can easily raise it in an aquarium and let it go next spring.
I wouldn't try introducing any non native fish species to the pond. Wildlife Depts. get really unhappy about that.

May 21, 2011 at 2:22 PM  
Blogger kylieps said...

Hope the folks are just as taken with the farm as you are. But how could they not be when they're eating home grown eggs and veg? Have a blast.

May 21, 2011 at 8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home