Tuesday, March 8, 2011

resting stance

I bought some straw bales to couch up the sheep sheds and make them clean and comfortable as possible. One of the sheep seems to have dropped her lambs from behind her spine down into the lower belly. This means we're T-Minus two weeks around here for some lambs. Everyone is eating well and enjoying their grain rations and minerals.

Last night was a firestorm of work and small emergencies. I was pumping water out of the basement, cleaning the brooder, working out, all over the place. Tonight I was done with errands and chores by 7:30. I was on the daybed with an oven-fresh piece of pizza and homebrew by 8. No working out. No water in the basement to pump. No drama with beasts living or dead...

I'm going to bed early, people. That's that.

Stay tuned for that first CAF lamb....

11 Comments:

Blogger Kitchen Mama said...

Sleep well. You deserve your pizza, beer, and early bedtime.

March 8, 2011 at 9:07 PM  
OpenID chickadeeworkshop said...

A well deserved early bedtime. Enjoy it while you can, cause you never know when you'll get another one. Good luck with the lambing to come! I can't wait to hear about babies.

March 8, 2011 at 10:08 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

Glad that today was quieter on the homestead, you needed a day to exhale and relax a little bit. Have sweet dreams of cuddly little lambs.

March 8, 2011 at 10:09 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

I was thinking earlier today that it must be just about lambing time for you!

March 8, 2011 at 10:31 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Can't wait to see pics of your babies when they get here. Glad you're having a restful night.

March 8, 2011 at 11:37 PM  
OpenID Tami said...

Every time someone mentions cuddly lambs,I picture myself holding one and smelling it. Maybe I am the only one on the planet that does this, but I smell almost everything. I think it is how I connect with things. Ole factory based learning, sort of like how a tot will stick everything directly into it's mouth to figure it out. Problem is...I don't know what a lamb/sheep smells like. Maybe I will find one to smell someday...just for my smell collection.

March 9, 2011 at 12:02 AM  
Blogger RabbleRoost said...

Haha! I constantly bury my face in my housepets' fur and smell them too. Not so much the animals in the barn, lol.
Ooh I'm so excited to hear about little lambies!
Sleep while you can - I've heard lambing/kidding is exhausting.

March 9, 2011 at 6:24 AM  
Blogger Odie Langley said...

I hope you got some much needed rest last night Jenna. Can't wait to see the lambs.

March 9, 2011 at 7:07 AM  
Blogger Chance said...

Lambing sounds imminent -- get yr rest now! Start doing a 3 am check (it is always in the darkest hour). Just my two cents. I am *so* excited for you!

March 9, 2011 at 7:16 AM  
Blogger KCBEG said...

Glad you were able to get some rest! Can't wait for pics of the new babies when they get here!

March 9, 2011 at 1:11 PM  
Blogger Reason's Whore said...

Hope it goes well. We had two a couple of weeks ago. Both moms surprised us with singletons one day while out on the pasture. Love the babies.

March 9, 2011 at 11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home