Wednesday, January 12, 2011

eat local food. support local art.

If you will be around Southern Vermont next weekend there's going to be a friendly little gallery event you should not miss. My coworker (and part-time Cold Antler photographer) Tim Bronson will be hosting his first-ever photography show at Izabella's Eatery in downtown Bennington. There will be food, music, and great prints on the walls. I don't think there will be any Cold Antler animal images on display, but there will be plenty of other compelling eye candies to keep your artistic gears grinding. See his work here.

Izabella's is a wonderful little restaurant that offers seasonal/local foods and supports local farmers and artists. It's a great place to eat, and Tim's award-winning photography will not only be on display, but for sale. So head on out and support good food, good people, and good pictures. Local food and pictures, hot dang.

January 23rd
Izabella's Eatery
351 Main Street
Bennington, VT
1-5pm

7 Comments:

Blogger Odie Langley said...

Afraid NC is a little too far away Jenna but I do hope he has a good turn out.
Odie

January 12, 2011 at 4:38 PM  
OpenID urbanadaptation said...

That's a bit far for me as well (especially with a border in the middle), but in keeping with the spirit, I'm now inspired to look for some local art in my neck of the woods.

January 12, 2011 at 7:23 PM  
Blogger Sall's Country Life said...

Bless your heart for promoting LOCAL!! That's what we are all about, as we grow big gardens, process our own pickles, and our kids are struggling artists. Good Luck to your friend with his show,it sounds wonderful. I'm popping over to check out his work now.

January 12, 2011 at 10:01 PM  
Blogger SouthernHeart said...

Years ago, my husband and I spent a week at a B & B in Bennington. Wonderful memories. Don't remember that particular cafe but who knows... Sounds like a fun time. Too bad I'm on the other side of the country!

Blessings,
Dianne
www.mysouthernheart.com

January 13, 2011 at 12:41 AM  
Blogger euclid314 said...

Have been to Izabellas and enjoyed the people watching. Food was great too. I enjoy your blog every day, Jenna. I'm near Buffalo NY and we're getting a bit of snow as well. But..I'm retired so I don't have to worry about getting anywhere today. So sorry to hear your Subaru has quit. I have owned 5 Subarus over the years and you just can't beat them in the winter. Chin up girlie--you're going to be fine.

January 13, 2011 at 9:53 AM  
Blogger Andy said...

I wish there is more places like Izabella's down here in south central PA.

Have fun supporting your friend and localism next weekend.

January 14, 2011 at 7:58 AM  
Blogger Sudipta Das said...

"eat local food. support local art." is a good thought, we support it, that's why we also grow food at our farm by using Greenhouses http://www.growhouse-greenhouses.co.uk/greenhouses.php

January 15, 2011 at 8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home