Saturday, October 9, 2010

he did well!

My day started at dawn with a pheasant hunt and ended with a campfire. There was apple picking, sheep herding, bird cleaning, seven hours in the truck and venison on the stove. I'm too tired to write much now, but would just like to share that Gibson did well on his first sheep herding lesson. His tail was up for most of it (a sign of play and chase, not work) but the interest was there and he had a blast. By the end of our hour he was starting to circle, change directions, and watching me with his tail down. It's in there, that's for sure. My trainer said he'd make a fine working dog and could be a trial dog. He wasn't too bold or timid, listened to me and her, and seemed to want to please me. I was so proud I talked about it at a dinner party tonight like he just made honor roll in his Waldorf class.

8 Comments:

Blogger Monique said...

Happy to hear of your nice first lesson. Starting a dog is a special feeling and opportunity. Enjoy the journey!
-Monique
dysphemisms.blogspot.com

October 9, 2010 at 11:33 PM  
Blogger Joleen said...

I'm proud of him too!

October 10, 2010 at 12:11 AM  
Blogger Lynda Halliger-Otvos said...

Excellent news; he's a winner !~!

October 10, 2010 at 1:07 AM  
OpenID peihome said...

Hey, that's awesome! Good dog!

October 10, 2010 at 6:19 AM  
Blogger doglady said...

You've purchased excellent genetic material and now you get to enjoy the thrill of fine tuning it. When your dog has done well, the ride home never seems as long.

October 10, 2010 at 8:09 AM  
Blogger jenomnibus said...

Excellent work, Gibson!

October 10, 2010 at 7:57 PM  
Blogger Sue Steeves said...

I am so happy for both of you! I know how long you waited for this :)

October 11, 2010 at 8:56 AM  
Blogger K. said...

I'm so glad for you, you've been waiting for this for so long. But, umm, Jenna? There is no honor roll in Waldorf. That's one of the great things about it!

October 12, 2010 at 7:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home