Thursday, September 30, 2010

inside day

It's a very rainy day here in Veryork, and I am home from work. I told myself if I woke up feeling better I'd man up and hop in the shower and head into the office. But I didn't. I woke up feeling swirly in the head and tired in the body. Outside was a steady downpour of rain and I knew I had three sheep, a goat, a calf, a cat, three dogs, two geese, four rabbits, and a flock of chickens to see too before I could even consider going back to bed. So I suited up into my new rain slicker (the best $27 I have spent this summer) and wellies and filled formula bottles, fed hay and corn, and opened coops. By the time the farm was up and running my energy stores were winding down. I cam inside and fed the dogs, took a long hot shower, put on one of my father's sweaters, and made a cup of Lyons with honey. I am happy to report I am indoors from the cold and about to go back to sleep. Today is about rest.

8 Comments:

Blogger Lynda Halliger-Otvos said...

Right on, Jenna. Rest, fluids and warm dogs to sleep with you sound like the perfect companions for the day.

September 30, 2010 at 12:38 PM  
Blogger Ginny said...

Take care of yourself. If you go down for the count, who will care for you? As much as they would like too, I'm sure your menagerie wouldn't be up to the task. Sleep well, heal, tomorrow is another day.

September 30, 2010 at 12:44 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

Get better soon, Jenna.

September 30, 2010 at 1:18 PM  
Blogger daisy said...

Yes, girl. Take care of yourself like your momma would. Better days are ahead...daisy

September 30, 2010 at 1:45 PM  
Blogger Flartus said...

Wow. That almost makes me want to be sick, too! (almost...)

September 30, 2010 at 1:55 PM  
Blogger Penny said...

Good plan!

September 30, 2010 at 5:44 PM  
Blogger Gelfling said...

Gah, I'm sick too... went into work last night feeling fine and left after some unique gastric pyrotechnics.
Hope you get feeling better soon!!!

September 30, 2010 at 10:58 PM  
Blogger treehuggers kitchen said...

Get well soon! Kudos to you for staying home. :)

October 1, 2010 at 8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home