Sunday, September 5, 2010

a follow-up

A few weeks ago I announced a post where a farm family in Florida needed our help. Donations were sent in from all over the country and HeartSong Farm is slowly building from the ground up. For anyone who donated I would like to thank you personally, and for those of you who sent a gift their way: here is a note from Crystal.

Dear CAF readers,

I feel like I should call you family now. "Readers" has such an impersonal tone, I don't think it's appropriate anymore. So, family you now are and will always be at HeartSong Farms.

I cannot express in words how amazing the responses to Jenna's post have been. I have read each personal note. I have cried in thanks over every penny sent our way. I have prayed for each person that has sent good wishes to us. The world seems a smaller, closer place now. I am in awe over the intimacy humans can accomplish over state lines and broadband connections.

After much frustration with local building laws, we have inched forward with our move to the land. We have a permit for electric, an address, containers for water, and tools to start a simple life on five undeveloped acres. These are all thanks to you. And yet, we've been down right stingy parting with such fine gifts. We have enough left to make the shed a safer place for our babies to live.

There is a lot of work infront of us. But we're moving forward with cautious steps even if they're a bit hurried from our initial plan. We've been rushing out resumes and have had an interview for a job about 45 minutes from our land. I've been sorting out our possessions and have scheduled yard sales over the next few weeks. It's still scary. It's still nervewrecking and nauseating at times but we're resolved to not let this break us. To become a better family because of it. We are fortunate to have a place to call our own and a faceless family that wants to see us get there.

Thank you. Each and everyone of you. We have kept each email and hope someday to return the favor however we can.

Sincerely,

Crystal and the HeartSong Farm Family

4 Comments:

Blogger Funny Ernie said...

This post reminds me that sometimes bad things happen for a good reason. Obviously it's never a good thing to lose a job or home but, on a positive note, their life will be so simple on their new property - free of clutter and, hopefully, an overwhelming lifestyle. In a way I wish that would happen to us. It would force us to simplify to the bare bones. It would be very cleansing. I'm happy to hear the family is getting along better and I pray things go smoothly from here on out.

September 5, 2010 at 10:47 AM  
Blogger RenĂ© said...

Crystal, I'm so glad to have 'met' you and your family even if the circumstances weren't the best. You are such an inspiration and I look forward to following you on your journey.

Jenna, thanks for giving me the opportunity to help someone. I feel like there's not enough support for those of us on the low end of the middle class who are just barely making it but really struggle to go any where with our dreams.

September 5, 2010 at 8:51 PM  
Blogger Dayle said...

Thank you for the update. Some of us were wondering if it helped at all! Good luck Crystal and family! My prayers are with you!

September 6, 2010 at 8:03 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

GOOD LUCK HEARTSONG!

September 6, 2010 at 8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home