Sunday, August 29, 2010

juiced

Well folks, less then 24 hours after his return home to Cold Antler, Finn has broken out of the fence. He found a weak spot by a tree, placed his hooves on the Red Brand woven wire, and ripped it down. Pulled the nails right out of the bark. I caught him in the act on the return from a jog. Just as I was coming into the driveway huffing and puffing—he was half out of the fence eating some sapling all to hell. So I grabbed a hammer and nails, fixed the downed fence, and hoped it would hold while I ran to Bennington to buy electric supplies. I set up a top line of eletric tape around the whole first pasture pen. So far, no more escapes....

6 Comments:

Blogger djp said...

Well... Hasn't Finn just grown into a wily goat? Hope the new fence holds!

August 29, 2010 at 4:48 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

Clever boy! Hope it holds!

August 29, 2010 at 4:50 PM  
Blogger Tora: said...

Just keeping you on your toes!

August 29, 2010 at 5:46 PM  
Blogger seagoddess said...

Just like a toddler, eh!?

August 29, 2010 at 5:49 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

My life revolves around fencing. I know the feeling(s) oh so well. Its been a while since I've had a break out (knock on wood). Goats always reveal your weeknesses to you.

August 29, 2010 at 7:02 PM  
Blogger kristen said...

A friend told me once that if your fence won't hold water, it won't hold a goat. It's pretty close to true. :) Mine even manage escapes from rigid welded wire panels now and then.

Hope the tape works well!

August 29, 2010 at 7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home