Thursday, June 3, 2010

back on my feet

I'm feeling better, but not back to 100%. There is still some residual yuckiness going on in the pipes. Remarkably, I was out last night moving fences, rabbit cages, and hauling water like I was never bent over with the flu. It amazes me how the body can take hits like that and right itself again.

I am in the final countdown of a seriously stressful writing deadline that's been hovering for months. (A wonderful thing to have hovering, but none the less stressful.) Soon as I hand that in I will be updating this blog like a crazy person. Updating with things like this special report: in a few weekends I will be driving Gibson and I to Esperance NY to pick out his future flock of Scottish Blackface! More son!

10 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Glad your feeling better, can't wait to read your updates. Good luck meeting the deadline.

June 3, 2010 at 6:55 AM  
OpenID chickadeeworkshop said...

Glad you are up and about; you'll be back to norm in a few days, I'm sure. Sheep coming, woo hoo!!!

June 3, 2010 at 7:17 AM  
Blogger Justine Capraro said...

Im really glad to hear you are feeling better!!

June 3, 2010 at 7:45 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

Hope your body is ready for all the coffee it is going to get meeting that deadline. Glad you are feeling better, Jena. I missed your posts. Can't wait to hear what Gibson thinks of his new buddies.

June 3, 2010 at 8:24 AM  
Blogger Flartus said...

I'd edit that to read "...the 20-something body..." But, being a scrappy farmer, you'll probably have a bounce-back body longer than most of us.

Glad you're on the mend, and looking forward to some crazy-person updates!

June 3, 2010 at 8:30 AM  
Blogger Reason's Whore said...

It's good to be young.

Yeehaw, sheep!

June 3, 2010 at 12:27 PM  
Blogger Paula said...

Glad you're better.

Good luck with your deadline.

Yay sheep!!

June 3, 2010 at 1:01 PM  
Blogger IanH said...

I know what you mean! A farm or acreage can't have chores put off! Fortunately, your age allows a speedy recovery. Good luck with the assignment

June 3, 2010 at 5:07 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Scottish Black Face - you lucky dog!

June 3, 2010 at 9:11 PM  
OpenID ruralaspirations said...

I'm glad to hear you are on the mend. I wanted to let you know that doing farm chores while horribly sick is great preparation for motherhood. I recall feeling as you described and still needing to get up and help the kids. One thing I got from the experience (and I'm betting you will, too) is a wee bit of awe at what we can do when we have little ones (two footed and four) who depend on us. It's rather empowering, don't you think? ;)

June 6, 2010 at 12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home