Monday, December 28, 2009

she seems better

I woke up this morning and instantly thought of Maude. Without hesitation- I threw on a wool sweater and an insulated vest and ran outside in my pajama pants and rubber boots. Maude was standing in the pen watching me run towards her. As I got closer she narrowed her eyes and put her ears back and started backing away from me. (This is good. Hate is Maude's natural state of being!) I ran back to the porch and got some hay and let the sheep out into their pasture to eat their morning meal. Maude scuttled over to it like the well-insulated crab she is and ate like a beef steer. I sighed the sigh of ages. Not only was I thrilled she was okay—I was pragmatically relieved there wasn't a 150 pound carcass for me to remove from a sheep pen in a snow storm...Anyway, I think she's back. I'll call the vet regardless, see what he says about her symptoms. I'll ask if I can get some Pro-Pen G injections for around the cabin in case someone does fall ill quick. But as for Maude—you can't keep a good* sheep down.

*good is relative...

13 Comments:

Blogger Shannan said...

I am so happy that Maude is feeling better, it is not easy when one of your kids falls ill (furry, wooly or otherwise).Enjoy some of that snow for me.

December 28, 2009 at 8:44 AM  
Blogger Bob said...

Sometimes a little sunshine and some fresh hay are all you need. Enjoy the snowfall...ours was amazing when it hit here in the Flyover regions.

December 28, 2009 at 9:48 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

We're so glad! My cranky cat was pretty sick a couple of years ago, and I knew she'd made a full recovery when she bit me. Good girl. Go Maude!

December 28, 2009 at 10:01 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

So glad to hear that Maude is feeling better! :o)

December 28, 2009 at 10:24 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

Yay Maude!

December 28, 2009 at 10:47 AM  
Blogger Jen Chandler said...

So very glad Maude is back to her crabby self :)

Jen

December 28, 2009 at 11:09 AM  
Blogger finsandfeathers said...

I wonder how many others ran to their computers this morning in their pajamas to check on Maude? Hoping for another good report tonight.

December 28, 2009 at 11:46 AM  
Blogger Tara said...

What a relief!

December 28, 2009 at 2:35 PM  
Blogger Pilgrim Soul said...

Glad to hear Maude is feeling better!

December 28, 2009 at 4:57 PM  
Blogger The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

Relieved to hear your good news!
Good choice to speak with the vet and be prepared, just in case.
:)

December 28, 2009 at 6:55 PM  
Blogger Term Papers said...

So fun to see those Awesome pics enjoy the snowfall. I just want to say that i have enjoyed to spent some time on your Blog..


Term papers

January 4, 2010 at 1:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

assignment inland breen cardiology nsta labeling dominic plgbuilding juvenile stoppable andit
servimundos melifermuly

January 26, 2010 at 6:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tranche apprised clobberbut tries renu writerreview emrbe biologyc fibronectin creativeness okmz
servimundos melifermuly

January 27, 2010 at 1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home