Thursday, December 24, 2009

come to my beginner fiddle workshop!

I'll be hosting a Beginner's Southern Mountain Fiddle workshop here at the cabin this February. It'll be a Sunday afternoon mid-month. The workshop will run from 12-4PM and cover all the basics you need to get acquainted with the fiddle. We'll cover care and feeding, tuning, supplies, finger placement, scales, and your first song. You'll also learn and how to read and follow beginner tablature. There will be group and one-on-one sessions. All you need to come join us is a violin in working condition with a bow with some rosin on it. No musical experience needed, just the desire to play. I'll provide beginner instruction materials and home-baked snacks and coffee. All this will be for a flat donation rate which will go towards the farm fund. As long as five people sign up (and no more than eight) I'll host it here at the cabin. If you're interested in the workshop please email me at jenna@itsafarwalk.com.

8 Comments:

Blogger aubryz said...

Any chance you can do one online?

December 24, 2009 at 2:52 PM  
Blogger Bob said...

I would nothing better than to come out to this. I just wish I could pull it off. Someday I'll make it to the CAF.

December 24, 2009 at 3:15 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

Oh, I wish I could be there. But if you ever do one online I'll be raring to go. I'm hoping to be able to order a fiddle in the next couple of weeks(just trying to figure out what size I need since I'm only 4'10"). I found a small mom and pop shop that does tuning and repairs, so I'm hoping they can help me with sizing too.

December 24, 2009 at 9:58 PM  
Blogger Alicia said...

Oh, I would love to come!

December 25, 2009 at 7:34 AM  
Blogger Kimberly Ann said...

It would be a lot of fun but Seattle is a bit too far for me to go. I do still practice the tunes from Fiddlers' Summer though. :-)

December 25, 2009 at 3:41 PM  
Blogger Reese said...

If I were closer I would come. I got my first fiddle today for Christmas. Thanks for the inspiration!

December 25, 2009 at 10:30 PM  
Blogger laluna said...

I, too, am too far away for an afternoon's lesson ;-) I did, however, get my fiddle and Wayne's book and have been practicing up a storm! I'm sure you'll get at least a few takers who can make it - have a great time!

December 26, 2009 at 8:59 AM  
Blogger Pennie said...

Oh, Jenna--What I'd give to attend your workshop! I play but a tiny bit of guitar, and played around with a free ukelele--but live in Oregon and Vermont is soooo far away. Someday--a visit to CAF for me!

December 26, 2009 at 11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home