Wednesday, November 4, 2009

knit green review

It's not often I get unmarked packages in the mail, but when I do, It's kind of exciting. It reminds me that people are out there reading this blog, following along, and keeping in touch. I want to thank whoever sent me a copy of Knit Green: 20 Projects and Ideas for Sustainability by Joanne Seiff. It's great! And it was a fun surprise to find it in my mailbox a few weeks ago. I wasn't able to dive into it until recently, but when I did it definitely made me get out my needles and think about turning some of my old tee shirts into something cooler than dust rags. Which is exactly what the book is all about, keeping your projects as sustainable as possible. It's an easy to follow instructional book, and not at all scary for beginners. The author talks to you about knitting, not at you. And the idea that homecrafts and sustainability are holding hands, well, that makes me happy. If you knit, garden, and recycle: this book was made for you. Not for the glitter and glue gun set, but it should be.

5 Comments:

Blogger Fanie said...

Thanks for the review of this book, it's the first time I hear about it so I'll look it up. :-)

November 4, 2009 at 2:04 PM  
Blogger Karen Sue said...

Waiting to hear what creations come from this!!

November 4, 2009 at 3:45 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

That sounds pretty neat. I will put it on my Amazon wish list.

November 4, 2009 at 10:52 PM  
Blogger Turtle said...

i have had this on my amazon wish list!!

November 4, 2009 at 11:28 PM  
Blogger Curtis said...

Sounds like a good book for a wish I could sew guy.:P

November 5, 2009 at 10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home