Thursday, November 26, 2009

happy thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving from Northeastern Pennsylvania! I'm here taking a small vacation from the farm and enjoying a couple of days with the other Woginriches. Neighbors and friends are watching the farm so I can be with my family, and I can not thank them enough. Jazz, Annie, and my parent's dog, Melvin, are enjoying the abundance of food falling on the kitchen floor from all the cooking goings-on. I already baked two quiches and two loaves of bread. This evening I'll bake some apple pies and my Tofurkey. No dog nor human will go hungry today. Impossible.

Alas, no Thanksgiving birds were raised on my farm this season—that was a whole big thing last year. But I thought I'd post a photo of TD anyway from last October. He really was a table bird to be proud of. Incidentally, Chuck Klosterman is in that photo as well. Now he's in my freezer. (Not to be crass, but I'm damn thankful for that particular relocation.)

My father has made the Woginrich family traditional long-neck white squash pie which is AMAZING. The evening will be a fire in the den with the family's four large dogs (two goldens and my two huskies) and we'll do what we do every year: Star Wars Thanksgiving. The Woginrich kids have always watched all three original Star Wars movies after dinner, marathon style. This is done with many, many slices of pie. I can't wait.

It's great to be surrounded by my family—which is hilarious and sarcastic. My brother John and Sister Kate are here roaming around, and friends come and go throughout the day. I forgot how much I missed them.... I think help is needed peeling apples, so I'm going to bolt. But I wanted to check in wish all you guys a Happy Thanksgiving.

photo by Sara Stell

14 Comments:

Blogger kayxyz said...

Happy Thanksgiving to Jenna and all who lead us away of consumerism and back to the land.

November 26, 2009 at 12:24 PM  
Blogger Kimberly Ann said...

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

November 26, 2009 at 12:24 PM  
Blogger kayxyz said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

November 26, 2009 at 12:24 PM  
Blogger laluna said...

Happy Thanksgiving Jenna (and CAF readers)!

I'm envious of your Star Wars marathon, though a few years ago when we spent Easter in SC with family, we had ourselves a LOTR marathon. Indeed it was! :-)

Heading off to the in-laws' shortly...

November 26, 2009 at 12:51 PM  
Blogger ammamcp said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well, Jenna! I love your ability to transport us to wherever you are!

November 26, 2009 at 3:00 PM  
Blogger ownedbyIDI said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy!

November 26, 2009 at 4:55 PM  
Blogger goatldi said...

Ah Chuck-well location is everything!
In the PST zone we are just cooking. Now some folks do eat early but my idea of fun isn't rolling out of bed to put a turkey in the oven. So our Willie Bird http://williebird.com/
just hit the oven.

Happy Thanksgiving!

November 26, 2009 at 5:06 PM  
Blogger chadruss said...

Happy Thanksgiving Jenna! May the force be with you!

November 26, 2009 at 5:30 PM  
Blogger Mystical Epiphany said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

November 26, 2009 at 6:10 PM  
Blogger Shannan said...

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Hope you have a wonderful day.

November 26, 2009 at 8:04 PM  
Blogger Spring Lake Farm said...

At our house it would be the Lord of the Rings trilogy....how fun! Have fun with your family.

November 26, 2009 at 8:32 PM  
Blogger Carrie in Wisconsin said...

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!! That does sound like a rockin' thanksgiving! Hope you had a blast!!!!!

November 27, 2009 at 12:39 AM  
Blogger Fanie said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Jenna. :-)

Do enjoy some good time with your family, time fly by so fast, it makes us appreciate the small things. (Cliché but so true!)

November 27, 2009 at 12:52 PM  
Blogger Grant Wagner said...

Star Wars Thanksgiving! I love it! I wonder if I can start the same thing here with The Lord Of The Rings. I don't think my wife would go for it, but my nieces and nephew sure would.

December 1, 2009 at 8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home