Friday, October 9, 2009

win some homemade goodness!

I've been able to meet a lot of interesting people these past few years, thanks to this farming habit. One of them is fellow author and homesteader, Ashley English. Ashley has some books coming out soon about chickens and canning (more on those later) but in the meantime, check this out: She's doing a contest on her blog for some of her own apple butter. If you want in, or if you can't get enough of us crazy women at home with our chickens and goats. Check out her site as well.

Photo off English's blog

6 Comments:

Blogger Vickie's Michigan Garden (my backyard) said...

That's a nice tip
thanks
vickie

October 9, 2009 at 8:23 AM  
Blogger Chelli said...

Thanks! Apple butter... yummmmm!

October 9, 2009 at 9:27 AM  
Blogger Jen Chandler said...

Oooh, I shall wander over now and take a peak :)

Jen

October 9, 2009 at 10:12 AM  
Blogger Dawn Dutton said...

Thanks for the tip... have a great weekend...

October 9, 2009 at 12:16 PM  
Blogger Karen Sue said...

Got a recipe for crockpot apple butter which seemed doable for even me right now... that jar looks 'reel purty' sittin' there. Hoping that this weekend will bring me to apple time...

October 9, 2009 at 1:14 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

ooohh, apple butter, I'm so there! I made a kick-butt batch earlier this fall with my mom's recipe.

October 11, 2009 at 1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home