Friday, October 30, 2009

maude in watercolor

A reader recently emailed me about making a donation to the farm in a really interesting way. See saw one of my watercolors and asked if she could make a donation in exchange for some artwork. I jumped at the chance. For her kindness I sent her this one-of-a-kind pencil and water color of Maude and now it's on its way to San Diego. If you'd like to help out with one girl's dream, feel free to contact me at jenna@itsafarwalk.com and put "watercolor" in the subject line. It'll take two or three weeks until I have time to paint and mail it, but what a cool way to support the farm. Plus, they aren't prints. They are all hand drawn, and hand painted originals of any animal you'd like, mine or yours.

14 Comments:

Blogger BJ Gingles said...

Spot on what I imagine Maude to look like. You have really captured her "spirit".

October 30, 2009 at 7:43 PM  
Blogger Robj98168 said...

I want a Chuck Klosterman! LOL

October 30, 2009 at 7:58 PM  
Blogger Dawn Dutton said...

Me too... I'd take a chuck!

October 30, 2009 at 8:17 PM  
OpenID tamitng said...

Woa...what a great watercolor of Maude! So, I have looked everywhere and I don't find any of your other works. Where did the other Jennafan find them?? It would be great if you sold them in your store too! I love the annimated look, how appropriate for the comical aspect of your homestead. More, more, more!!

October 30, 2009 at 9:06 PM  
Blogger Kathleen Stoltzfus said...

In addition to originals you could offer packs of notecards, perhaps reproductions of the originals you create.

October 30, 2009 at 9:57 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

I'll post some art when i find it!

October 30, 2009 at 10:33 PM  
Blogger Dawn Dutton said...

Good Jenna! We'd love to see your work! A girl of many talents... yeah!

October 30, 2009 at 10:46 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Wow! That's pretty cool. Hmm... if and when you paint Chuck, exactly what pose are you planning to immortalize? Pre or post axe?

October 31, 2009 at 1:45 AM  
Blogger Tara said...

I vote for Finn!

October 31, 2009 at 9:47 AM  
Blogger Kimberly Ann said...

yeah, finn for sure

October 31, 2009 at 11:36 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

That is fantastic . . . as soon as I have a bit of disposable income, I'm emailing you about this!

October 31, 2009 at 3:13 PM  
Blogger Karen Sue said...

I'm all for Fudgey, the chocolate sheep...and Finn.

October 31, 2009 at 9:57 PM  
Blogger rhudd_art said...

An artist too? You are so talented, Jenna!

November 2, 2009 at 10:45 AM  
Blogger Curtis said...

I would want Finn, and hmm others to.

November 3, 2009 at 10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home