Tuesday, August 4, 2009

let's hang out on thursday

So this Thursday, August 6 at 7 pm I'll be at the Northshire Bookstore in Manchester, VT for the "Get Gardening" series. I'll be there with Carleen Madigan (who also happens to be my editory, and the author of the Backyard Homestead!) So come hang out with two cool cats into the backyard-farm thing. Here is what the Northshire website says:

August’s “Get Gardening” event focuses on self-sufficiency, as author Carleen Madigan presents The Backyard Homestead and Jenna Woginrich presents Made From Scratch. Learn to put your backyard to work with Carleen Madigan, whose book The Backyard Homestead shows us how to grow vegetables and fruits, keep bees, raise chickens, goats and even cows. Ms. Madigan is an editor at Storey Publications, and the former managing editor of Horticulture magazine. She has lived on an organic farm near Boston. Joining Carleen is Jenna Woginrich of Vermont, who chronicled her own journey toward self-reliance in Made From Scratch. From windowbox vegetable gardens, making strawberry jam, or learning to knit her own sweaters, Jenna Woginrich has worked to learn the simple skills that most of us have forgotten. She is a web designer for Orvis who has taught herself to bake, spin, sew, raise chickens, grow vegetables and play the fiddle and mountain dulcimer.

10 Comments:

Blogger Michele said...

I can't hang out 'cause I live in a whole 'nother part of the country, BUT...
I did find something I thought you would get a laugh out of:
http://psychosheep.com/

We now know what Maude and Sal are upto when you aren't home-- hahaha!

August 4, 2009 at 2:25 PM  
Blogger David Shearer said...

I'd love to hang out with you Jenna, but I'd have to be sometime when I'm on the East Coast. Do you do farm tours? Have guest hen house cleaning dates? Do mini internships? If you do, count me in the next time I'm visiting family in Boston.
David S. Shearer
FPL Ranch
Arroyo Grande, CA

August 4, 2009 at 4:37 PM  
Anonymous Matt in TEXAS said...

Hey Jenna,

I live down here in TEXAS and cannot make it to the "hang out" this week. I really enjoy your posts- been reading since last year. Keep up the great work- I sent a donation on paypal, I hope that it will help out the farm.

Take care- Matt in TEXAS
matt_in_texas_40k@yahoo.com

August 4, 2009 at 5:39 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

Figures that even when I'm actually in Vermont I still can't make it... I live in Mass and am up in Williston for work this week.

I've been kind of spying on you for a while (not in that creepy way of course), but have never commented. As a suburbanite I feel unnervingly claustrophobic.

You don't know me, but hello.

James

August 4, 2009 at 6:12 PM  
Blogger Maggie in Tally said...

Well...pooh. Here I am, stuck in Florida. I hope to be heading that way in early October--perhaps I can catch another appearance.

Unless of course you decide to do AntlerStock the weekend of Oct 10th...*hinthint*

August 4, 2009 at 6:26 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

Sounds like fun! Wish I could be there, but SD is a bit of a jaunt. I do have both your book & Backyard Homesteading though. Have a great time!

August 4, 2009 at 7:27 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

If I lived in Vermont I'd be right over. Sounds like a very interesting evening. I would bring my books to be signed. I have them both. Peace.

August 4, 2009 at 8:16 PM  
Blogger Merrie said...

Jenna - I'm in the process of opening "MeadowSweet Country Store- Colonial Homekeeping & Artisan Supply" I'll be carrying handmade items, supplies for various folk arts, and what I call Homekeeping essentials......soap, beeswax candles, breadboard oil, organic dish towels, etc. Would love to carry your book - can you direct me to the wholesale source?

August 5, 2009 at 11:17 AM  
Blogger Karen Sue said...

Jenna-
Wish I could be there. I even did a mapquest to see how long it takes to get across NY... right now, too long!
Hope all goes well.
Hey I lost my fiddle on Ebay at the last minute...waiting to hear who got an incredible fiddle deal on here and wants to start learning! Try try again.

Karen

August 5, 2009 at 9:54 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

Merrie - go to Storey.com and contact them. I only have one copy of my book!

August 5, 2009 at 10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home