Sunday, August 23, 2009

american goat

I found this while looking up goat-sized cultivators online. (Yes, I am thinking of using Finn to help turn the garden next spring). While perusing through the many web sites dedicated to working farm goats I came across this exhibit called American Goat. It's a collection of photos, antiques, collectibles, farm goods and goat products traveling around the county. I don't think the are any new venues up and running, but I bet if your local college, 4-H group, county fair or library was interested you could work something out. You can also order prints, some of which I'd love to have here at the cabin - like this train of pack goats in Wyoming. I would love to see this show. Hell, I'd bring Finn along.

Visit the website: AmericanGoat.com

4 Comments:

Blogger Rhonda Jean said...

I really like this photo. It shows how serious and work focused these goats are.

August 23, 2009 at 6:54 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

GAHHH! I really might need a print of the goat drinking the Lone Star. That's too much. :D

August 23, 2009 at 9:11 PM  
Anonymous RenĂ© said...

How interesting. Thanks for sharing! I've recently taken to the notion that I might like to be a goat herder some day so I appreciate all the goat-related things you've been sharing.

August 23, 2009 at 10:55 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

Tara, I got your email and will write back soon!

Rene, meet Tara, our goat-herder.

August 24, 2009 at 6:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home