Friday, April 17, 2009

what's up connecticut?


The UConn Co-op, which is the University Bookstore, is hosting a Sustainability Fair this weekend. I'll be there Sunday at 2pm to talk about homesteading and living green. If you're in the area, stop by and say hi. I may even have Jazz and Annie with me (which would be appropriate, being huskies and all), but even if I'm sans dogs, it should be a nice discussion regardless. And the fair itself should be an educational event, full of interesting characters and helpful information. It's a green scene out there, for certain.

Also, sheep shearing tomorrow morning! Hoo! It'll be an exciting morning getting up early to prepare, get extension chords ready, find some plywood to work on. The shearer, a fella named Jim, is stopping by early. I promise to take lots of pictures, for certain.

4 Comments:

Anonymous AmyKortuem said...

You've gotta love a sheep shearer named Jim. I could have used Jim's help when I brushed my cat Harry last week. Here's evidence: http://amykortuem.blogspot.com/2009/04/two-sure-signs-of-spring.html

Have fun tomorrow and at the green event.

April 17, 2009 at 1:19 PM  
OpenID bysarah said...

I just read your book and loved it!
Wanted to say thanks.

Good luck with your shearing.

April 17, 2009 at 3:43 PM  
Blogger Allan Stellar said...

Just wanted to say hello (from a Middle aged homesteader, naive green builder and a one time contributor to MEN). I look forward to reading more of your stuff.

Cheers!

April 18, 2009 at 12:56 AM  
Blogger Alicia said...

I am looking forward to your presentation at the UCONN Co-op. I finished your book Thursday night. See you tomorrow!

April 18, 2009 at 4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home