Monday, April 27, 2009

back to how things used to be

I came across this song and wanted to share it with you guys. It's called Old Old fashioned, by the Scottish indie kids, Frightened Rabbit. I adore it. You can click this link here to listen to it. Here are the lyrics. I would consider this some great gardening music for the ipod. But I wouldn't consider the album 'family friendly'. Just a heads up if you buy the cd and have kids in the car...

Old Old Fashioned

I'll turn off the TV
It's killing us, we never speak
There's a radio in the corner
It's dying to make a scene
So give me soft, soft static
With a human voice underneath
And we can both get old fashioned
Put the brakes on these fast, fast wheels
Oh let's get old fashioned
Back to how things used to be
If I get old, old fashioned
Would you get old, old fashioned with me?

Put the wall clock in the top drawer
Turn off the lights so we can see
We will waltz across the carpet
1-2-3-2-2-3
So give me the soft, soft static
Of the open fire and the shuffle of our feet
We can both get old fashioned
Do it like they did in '43
Oh let's get old fashioned
Back to how things used to be
If I get old, old fashioned
Would you get old, old fashioned with me?

So give me soft, soft static
We won't need no electricity
If we both get old fashioned
We won't have to rely on our memories
Oh let's get old fashioned
Back to how things used to be
If I get old, old fashioned
Would you get old, old fashioned with me?

10 Comments:

Blogger Stacy said...

I enjoyed that song a lot! Keep those suggestions coming! I am trying to come up with a good song list for the garden this spring.

Thanks Jenna!

April 27, 2009 at 10:07 AM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

Great song! I am almost finished reading your book. It was very timely. I was raised in a very small town but have been living in the city (Dallas/Fort Worth area) for the last 6 years. I am now preparing to move back to my hometown and start living a simpler life. Made From Scratch was really great. I'll be passing it on to other like-minded people. I look forward to reading through your blog!

April 27, 2009 at 11:47 AM  
Blogger Debbie said...

I just finished your book, and a few entries in both blogs. Your writing is addictive. We're a simple living, music loving family stuck in the suburbs. Thanks for the kick in the pants to do what one can where they are, instead of pinning for the country and waisting time waiting.
I appreciated your cooking and sewing entries, I love doing them both.

April 27, 2009 at 3:21 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

what a great song...thanks for sharing.

April 27, 2009 at 4:53 PM  
Blogger Dawn Dutton said...

I love the photo of the goose! I have one like it but with a white goose named Gertie! How funny! Loved the song as well. Thanks for sharing your life. I look forward to reading your blog every day! Keep it up!
Thanks again, Dawn

April 27, 2009 at 8:51 PM  
OpenID journeyseeds said...

Great song! We had some music at our local collective last night...and appalachian grassroots band. Thanks for the suggestion of a new band...especially anybody Scottish.

April 28, 2009 at 9:30 AM  
Anonymous Laura said...

Awesome! Thanks for pointing us to this song; I had never heard of Frightened Rabbit before :)

April 28, 2009 at 4:41 PM  
Blogger Patina by Belinda said...

Thought you might like this one!
She's an oklahoma artist
http://www.myspace.com/samanthacrain

April 29, 2009 at 12:21 AM  
Blogger pomegranates said...

what wonderful words...

April 29, 2009 at 1:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an absolutely wonderful way with words. It's like music with great lyrics, and the melody
with all the right hooks, & musical
surprises that a great song would have!!!
Yes, I'm a hooked fan, & reader, & will be an avid reader of your blog from now...
A country seat weaver TM

May 14, 2009 at 4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home