Tuesday, March 3, 2009

somewhere in kansas

Since I started writing about homesteading I've been lucky to meet a lot of great folks I may have otherwise never ran into. Readers, bloggers, authors, farmers and a slew of random people I never thought I'd know on a first-name basis. The fine people down in Topeka who staff Mother Earth News are said people. Since I started blogging for them, and writing the occasional web or print article for the magazine—I've come to know some of the gang there through emails and conversations. Yesterday, when I came home from work there was a congratulations card signed by the whole staff for the Books for a Better Life Award, how amazing is that?! You kids...

Aubrey sent me this photo from the office. The fact that somewhere in Kansas there is a magazine staffer rolling her mouse over an image of my angry sheep, well that's a fantastic little nexus. I just wanted to thank you guys here, and let you know how excited I am to be considered a twice-removed part of your family.

Also, the next issue of M.E.N. will have an excerpt from Scratch in it, with over a dozen color photos of the the farms in Idaho and Vermont, including...Maude, the champagne of sordid herbivores.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

can't wait to get the next issue of m.e.n. just got the recent issue of countryside mag. glad to see ya in there. I agree with alot of other people out there that your blog is addicting. great stories and the like. makes you feel right at home! tracy

March 3, 2009 at 4:10 PM  
Anonymous Laura said...

That is exciting! I can't wait to see it :)

March 3, 2009 at 7:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jenna..I started your book last night and can't put it down. I love the way you take us from total elation to heartbreak all in the same book...you are quite a talented writer. Just want to wish you the very best of everything as you endeavor to live the life of your dreams..wish I had the nerve to do that at your age..

Joyce in Alabama jste634838@aol.com

March 4, 2009 at 8:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen and Amen!!

March 5, 2009 at 2:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home