Saturday, March 21, 2009

refugin, if you will

My weekends are my refuge. I spent the morning lazy as hell. I slept in, rolled over the the stove to make coffee, and then spent the whole damn time playing guitar, baking bread, and doing my farm chores. One task melded into the other, and the only armor I needed to be outside in the sunshine was a trusty beat sweater. I used to wear polar fleece all the time, but now that I have sheep in my life (and always will) it seems hypocritical. I'm back to wool, indefinitely.

The proposal is coming along. Soon my writing time will be all back to the blog. I have a meeting with my editor Wednesday night, so after that you can expect big ol' updates about all things Cold Antler. But right now your patience and dedication is appreciated, very much so. And while you politely wait for me to get over myself, I'll post some old stories from Idaho.

4 Comments:

Blogger Melonie said...

The polar fleece issue gave me a chuckle.

Hope the meeting goes well! :-)

I ordered Backyard Homestead on your recommendation - it just arrived; can't wait to dig in!

March 21, 2009 at 11:11 PM  
Anonymous Emily said...

Just discovered your book and crushed it in two days. Fantastic read! Good luck in your wednesday meeting; I look forward to your next book already. In the meantime, I'll go do some seed research for my urban vegetable garden!

March 22, 2009 at 9:10 AM  
Blogger Stacy said...

Aw Jenna, you are so kind to think we wait politely...now where are these stories? :)

Take your time with the proposal, make sure it's how you want it. We'll see you when you're back!

March 22, 2009 at 11:27 AM  
Anonymous dawnws0@gmail,com said...

Hi Jenna

Just finished reading your "awsome" book and like other's will be waiting to read your next.So good luck.

Your Sandpoint read was of great interest. I was married to a Bonners Ferry man, we lived there for 24yrs, then 24 in Elko N.V. He passed over in 1995. In 2005 I found myself back in Naples Id. But as of 2008 I'm back with my family in Elko N.V. But highway 95 to Sandpoint was a well traveled road for me, so the great interest in your book and your life while on your ranch there. Good people tho--right!
All thebest Dawn (deltadawn1944@hotmail.com)

March 31, 2009 at 8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home