Tuesday, February 24, 2009

right proud

John from Washington sent me this photo, and I had to share it. Look at this triple threat! An antique coffee grinder, a Fire King Jadeite mug,* and a stove-top percolator. Readers of this blog know I am a firm believer in the power of green mugs and strong bean water. It is understood by all of us here that this trifecta has the combined power to help the timid take on anything that comes their way.

I love coffee. It's responsible for slaying four states in four years with all my limbs intact. Every morning I look forward to that first mug. It gets me started in the world. It's also what makes feeding sheep in a blizzard at 5:30 AM a conceivable reality for someone who used to think not having a blow dryer was roughing it... Anyway, John also wrote that while his Montana dreams are a ways off, he can have a good cup of coffee while he plans his great escape. Made me right proud, that. Glad to be of service John. If you're ever in Vermont, I'll buy you a drink. Thanks for the picture.

*Greatest coffee mug on the planet. This is indisputable. Sorry potters.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jenna,

Well I just might take you up on the drink offer, if I ever do get out that way, but I'm actually in "WA", not "MA", so it'll take some doin' to get there. But you never know. I'd love to see Vermont, and Maine. Never been to either state. Thanks for posting the picture, and I have to agree, coffee made that way is better even than anything you'll find in Seattle!
Take care and keep up the great work,

John, the Coffee Guy

February 25, 2009 at 1:03 AM  
Blogger Jenna said...

oh goodness, sorry john. I'll update it.

February 25, 2009 at 5:44 AM  
Blogger Mama Pea said...

I LOVE pictures like that. To me, they speak volumes . . . safety, security, down-home values. Husband and I were discussing current political/economical happenings over breakfast this morning and he asked if we have an adequate supply of coffee beans put by. Toilet paper and coffee beans, two reeeeally important necessities!

February 25, 2009 at 10:15 AM  
Blogger Peacemom said...

John, don't forget beautiful NH! We've got the White Mountains here, so pretty also. ~Vonnie

February 25, 2009 at 10:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Morning John,
I'm not certain I'd agree about the good coffee, I've found some good flavor here in Cle Elum! However nothing can compare to the aroma of a pot brewing on a wood stove- just can't drink the stuff!

February 26, 2009 at 11:22 AM  
OpenID steelkitten said...

I live in the UK and I feel the same way about a good cup of tea. First cup of the day has to be made properly in a teapot, and I stand in the kitchen and look out over the garden planning my day and inspecting any baby plants in the propagator.

Love your blog by the way and I'm soon to get my hands on a copy of your book.

March 1, 2009 at 3:46 AM  
Blogger kwogi1124 said...

What can I say, you really are your mother and father's daughter. My entire life they are always remembered drinking, carrying or brewing coffee. Going to the mall....take the mug! At the beach
? Grab some coffee! Back from the pool? Before that suit comes off, grab that mug with the lipstick stained straw and there you go!
-Kate

March 2, 2009 at 10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home