Tuesday, February 17, 2009

nebraska represent

Thanks to Sandy, in Omaha, who sent along this new bumper shot. It was Texans who started this weird CAF ritual and it's still going strong. To be frank, as a new author just seeing that hardcover near a license plate far away makes the hair on my arm stand up. I still can't believe I published a book. I am not trying to be cure or self-deprecating here, it really hasn't hit me yet.

So thanks Sandy, and thanks to anyone who takes the time to send me an email, write on my facebook wall, comment on the blog, or do anything interactive with the Cold Antler world. Your feedback is what makes this less of a stand-up act and more of a conversation and that is how I like it. Every night when I sit down at the kitchen table to check emails I look for that one gem amongst the 67 junk emails from an actual person. You have no idea how much they mean to me, even if I don't always have time to reply. Which is nothing personal, and please don't feel that way. It's just really hard to get back to everyone in all these venues with everything else in these short winter days. But I do read them, and they are the fuel that keeps me writing.

I'll say it again. Thanks.

9 Comments:

Blogger Malorie said...

And thank you for all that you do. :)

February 17, 2009 at 4:45 PM  
Anonymous Karlyn said...

Independant Booksellers recommened your book...and they were right! I enjoyed the chapter on raised bed gardening the most. It's a tough old crust and doesn't give up easily. I will pass along the title to my bro in Caldwell with his own little farm...4 alpacas and 3 sheep...all because his wife likes to spin and knit.

Karlyn in Puyallup, WA

February 17, 2009 at 5:05 PM  
Blogger Melonie said...

Personally I think it's a great way for folks to help spread the word about your work AND to feel like they "know" the book's author. I know I felt like it was a fun way to get involved and looked forward to unpacking that box from Amazon just so I could grab the camera and send in my shot. :-)

On an "it's a small world" note - your commenter Karlyn lives in the same town as my MOM - who I of course recommended your book to. Fun stuff!

February 17, 2009 at 6:18 PM  
Blogger Stacy said...

Everyone loves your blog! It's fantastic. It's honest, sincere, and full of pretty pictures (which amuse me)

I will be sure to get a license plate shot for you!

February 17, 2009 at 8:17 PM  
Anonymous Karlyn said...

I want to play "It's a Small World" too...here's one, my neice and her husband own the Blimpie's in Sand Point...yes, the one in W***mart.

I confess that I checked your book out of the library, so no royalties. But I was the second person to check it out!

February 17, 2009 at 8:24 PM  
Anonymous tammy said...

And thanks to you :) I've been meaning to post and tell you that you can make a GREAT country wine out of those peas you're growing, pods and all. I made a gallon of it last summer, adding green beans when I ran out of peas. It sounds totally gross, but it tastes awesome - I'm making 5 gallons of it this summer.

February 17, 2009 at 9:52 PM  
Blogger Mama said...

I happened upon your blog and I love it(addicted).Book shall be in my grubby little paws soon;) Love your writing and wanted to say thanks..

February 18, 2009 at 8:50 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Love the book and featured it on my library's Staff Picks this month. :)

http://www.kdl.org/categories/370

(Sorry you're at the bottom of the list because it's alphabetical.)

February 18, 2009 at 4:34 PM  
Anonymous Pauline said...

Hi Jenna -- What a small world it is... I saw your book on the shelf of a bookstore when I was in Manchester VT in January for a conference. When I got home, I bought a copy at a local bookstore to give to my 26-year-old daughter on her birthday. At that point I was also started reading your blog and discovered that I had missed the opportunity to meet you at that magnificent bookstore in Manchester where you did a reading -- if only I had known when I was there, I would have been in the audience cheering you on! I love what you are doing with Cold Antler Farm and your openness about the triumphs and frustrations. I have raised sheep, I have raised chickens, and I love my garden (I refer to it as "dirt therapy"). Carry on, woman, and keep sharing it.

February 18, 2009 at 6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home