Monday, January 12, 2009

the other side

I snapped this photo of a corner of my desk at the office before I left for the day. I have a lot more junk around, but this little section seemed somewhat pretty in the 5 o'clock light. This is where I spend the bulk of my time. You guys see so much of my life at the farm, thought I'd share a small part of my work life. The other side, so to speak. Welcome to my desk. It's got charisma. If you worked with me this is the kind of crap you'd have to put up with.

4 Comments:

Blogger Shaun said...

I like your Lincoln and Grant Photos, but where is Longstreet or Early. If you ever feel the need to read a great biography of Longstreet I have a copy for you...

January 13, 2009 at 6:35 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

Not a huge longstreet o Early fan. Wasn't Early "late" to his most important battles post 1863? If you want to lend me that longstreet book I've devour it, for certain though.

thanks shaun

January 14, 2009 at 7:18 PM  
Blogger Shaun said...

For the most part. His lack of ability to navigate was well known. But then again he did stand on the doorstep of Washington D.C. in 1864, and if not for one small blunder probably would have been able to make a push on the Capital itself.

January 14, 2009 at 8:34 PM  
Anonymous dogear6 said...

Now I know why you like your little homestead so much! I work in an office and stare at four cubicle walls all day too. I also cannot go home and sit in front of the computer for fun - I need to cook, garden, play with the dogs.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one needing sun and fresh air after a day at work. I also really liked that about your book - you showed how to do it small scale and in an urban environment. It gave me a lot of good ideas that I can do right here as my life is.

January 15, 2009 at 8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home