Monday, January 12, 2009

kentucky rises!

This is something else. I've been sent a lot of bumper shots, but this is the first indoor plate I received. Notice the book and plate are in special company. This is Leslie's first ever homemade loaf of bread. She wrote 'I went for the braid jenna' and why not? She said it tasted great, and I bet it did. Something about your first loaf is really special, you slap on some butter while it's still hot and savor every bite. I was told you sleep with the first scarf you knit. I say you make sure you get the first bite of your own bread. A little selfishness is okay. Keeps us on our toes.

6 Comments:

Blogger Eva said...

Did you notice your book's been reviewed here: http://beabookworm.blogspot.com/

"Even if you don't have the time or desire to do these things yourself, you will certainly enjoy reading about Woginrich's efforst - this was one of the most enjoyable books I've read lately."

January 13, 2009 at 11:01 PM  
Blogger Homeless said...

Ah.. your the joy of making your first loaf of bread. That is, if it works out. My first yeast bread was a tragedy. I had no clue what I was doing and the directions assumed you did. I bought the wrong kind of yeast. I didn't know that I was supposed to proof it. It failed miserably. Years later, I tried again. Success. Ah what a great feeling.

Congratulations on your creation. I bet it tasted as good as it looks.

hitekhomeless
http://hitekhomeless.net

January 14, 2009 at 2:45 AM  
Blogger JAM said...

I've just written a review of your book on The Blogging Bookworm. You can get to it here:
http://beabookworm.blogspot.com/2009/01/review-of-made-from-scratch.html
I really enjoyed the book and just found your blog.

January 14, 2009 at 8:09 AM  
Blogger Electronic Goose said...

I just came over here from Blogging Bookworm and wanted to say I'm enjoying your blog.

January 14, 2009 at 8:24 AM  
Blogger Jenna said...

Hey jam! thanks for the review, welcome to CAF.

January 14, 2009 at 8:29 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

can I just say her loaf of bread looks so remarkably better than the first loaf I ever made?!! well done!

January 15, 2009 at 3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home