Thursday, January 1, 2009

chicken approved

Happy New Year from the freezing-cold hollows of Southern Vermont. Hope all of you are getting over your hangovers and enjoying a quiet holiday. Mine however, wasn't exactly relaxing. Stay tuned because man, have I got a story for you. CAF had a mini-crisis this first day of 2009, and had it not been for the amazing people of Sandgate, your friend Jenna could've been in very very deep trouble. Four intrepid neighbors saved the day with helps of diesel and chainsaws and tool belts and good additudes—and I'll tell you the whole thing later on tonight. Right now I need to go outside before it gets too dark and get the sheep back into their pen and check on the chickens. Before I do, I thought I'd share this photo from Lisa in Indiana. She assures me the book is approved by her Midwestern livestock. Her small flock of eight hens and a rooster named Rico keep her stocked in eggs and entertainment all year long. Right on sister suffragette, and that's a swell looking bird.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Michelle said...

Just wanted to tell you that your book was front and center of it's own wonderful display in our local bookstore.

In the heart of the Motherlode of California.

...and I loved it!

January 1, 2009 at 6:41 PM  
Blogger Mama Pea said...

Now that's what I call a "teaser" to keep us checking back tonight to find out what happened today! Can hardly wait!

January 1, 2009 at 6:58 PM  
Blogger The Rustic Owl said...

I have your book on reserve at the library. I am #2 on the list! I can't wait!

January 2, 2009 at 10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home