Tuesday, December 30, 2008

dogs and goslings

People have been emailing photos, and stories, and sharing their own experiences and it has been lovely. One reader sent me a picture of my book glowing in the light of non-electric kitchen. Another sent a photo of their car being dug out of a snow storm (with their copy of the book safely inside, a shout out to all the bumper shots) and some just send pictures of their dogs. Here's one said e-mail dogs, with a copy of the book! This is Dante, a border collie cross a reader said she was inspired to get after reading about my canine adventures. Which blows my mind and makes me ridiculously happy. Good luck to both of you.

So as I get emails, photos, what have you - I'll start posting them on the blog in-between farm updates. If you don't see your images for a few days don't be discouraged. I just want to temper reader stuff with CAF updates, which today includes a gosling named Saro.

While I was heading out to work this morning, I noticed Saro near the cabin, Henry the duck was waddling close behind. I walked over to her, and instead of walking away she just sat down. Which at first worried me, because my geese aren't exactly oozing affection. They aren't mean, but like most farm animals, feel no need to cuddle. But Saro leaned her gray body against my leg and nestled her head in my chinos. For a few brief moments she just wanted to be out of the wind, or warm, or near the gal who raised her (I'll tell myself this for kicks.) I pet her head, and then patted her on her way, which she wobbled off too, bright-eyed. It was sweet, and why I live like this. Because no matter how crappy the workday may be or whatever else happens, I started my morning with a goose hug. Which is pretty hard to top.

I'll post more about this later, but if you are in the area and want to day hi to me and Jazz, we'll be at the Northshire Bookstore in Manchester, VT on Jan 9th at 7pm. It'll be fun.

3 Comments:

Blogger DivaHick said...

YAY! Dante's famous!!!

Now if we could just housebreak him... LOL!

Thanks for letting us be part of your life.

December 30, 2008 at 9:52 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

I read your book in Barnes & Noble and have been reading your back-blog.

You are so awesome for sharing your adventures to the rest of us!

I'm saving up for my own little slice of heaven and I love reading about yours :)

December 30, 2008 at 10:20 AM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Just purchased your book up in here in good old Canada!! I will send a pic with Ontario plates...so you have international representation! lol! So looking forward to reading it. :)

December 30, 2008 at 5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home