Tuesday, December 16, 2008

a day in the life

AM:
4:45
wake up, hope nothing was eaten overnight
5:00
fumble out of bed, turn on percolator, flip on radio
5:15
coffee, e-mails, blogging, more coffee, copius amounts of coffee
5:45
farm chores (feed sheep, haul water, open chicken coop, etc)
6:00
walk dogs if they'll rolled out of bed yet
6:30
shower like I mean it, because I do
6:45
more coffee, pack up for work, fit in a fiddle tune or two because I won't be able to play for another 10 hours
7:25
leave for the office, possibly stop at Wayside for conversational coffee
8:00
Get to work, and start one of many, many, web design projects

PM:
12:00
take lunch, run home to let out dogs, collect eggs, check on sheep, wood pile, and the cabin
1:00
back in the office, probably eating fig newtons and peach yogurt, the lunch of champions
5:00
leave office, crank cd player, head home in the snowy-vermont dark
5:21
pull into CAF driveway, automatic lights turned on in coop already at 4pm, it's a warm glow
5:30
walk dogs, feed dogs, light fireplace
6:00
farm chores, PM version (same as AM, but with closing doors instead)
6:35
come inside, make dinner, which is nearly always Japanese inspired (rice, veggies, tofu, eggs)
7:00
eat on the couch with the dogs, watch movie or tv on dvd (Vanilla Sky and Stella, was last night), play music, gab on phone, check emails
10:00
try to figure out new music, worry about things, email people, plan for tomorrow
11:00
out cold.

6 Comments:

Blogger Chicken Mama said...

You only get 5 3/4 hours of sleep a night? OUCH! Or, let me rephrase: you can FUNCTION on only 5 3/4 hours of sleep a night? I wish I could do that!!

:)

December 16, 2008 at 12:53 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

eh, sleep when your dead.

i get all my rest over the weekends usually. i take them slow.

December 16, 2008 at 1:02 PM  
Blogger DivaHick said...

I don't think I could do the 4:45 thing... I hit the alarm at 5:45...

Did you say that you drank some coffee in the morning? :D

December 16, 2008 at 2:10 PM  
Blogger Mama Pea said...

I think I better start eatin' what you're eatin'! I would have a lot more time to do what I wanna do if I could get by with 5-3/4 hours sleep a night!

December 16, 2008 at 5:53 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

HAHA, I was gonna say what Chicken Mama said . . . almost verbatim!

December 16, 2008 at 6:47 PM  
Blogger Julia said...

I love that you get up before your dogs. When I was a kid, the 3 dogs got up first and tapped their toenails on the linoleum until all humans were up, too. Now, I have a Beagle who only gets up after we've been in the kitchen long enough to have produced a bowl of dog food. Then she goes back to bed. She's even pushed her morning walk back, slowly but surely, the little genius. Stay warm up there.

December 17, 2008 at 5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home