Friday, November 7, 2008

the test

Tomorrow Sarah and I are getting up early and driving to our herding instructor in western Mass. It's her chance to prove herself. We'll be In a big field with a lot of dog broke sheep so she'll be free to herd in the open with everythying she's got. We'll see how she works, and what talents for this sheep business lie within her little 36-pound frame. I haven't decided if she's staying yet. I really haven't. I have to decide soon though since tomorrow is the deadline. All this depends on her natural instincts. I hope tomorrow there's no question, that she blows me away. If all goes as I hope, her breeding and history, (two generations away from the hill dogs of Scotland and Wales) will shine through. Wish us luck, and expect full report tomorrow!

7 Comments:

Blogger Diana said...

LUCK & positive thoughts for our little Sarah! Enjoy your day!

November 7, 2008 at 8:06 PM  
Blogger Mama Pea said...

Sending best wishes to you and Sarah for your day tomorrow. I have a feeling it will work out in the best way for both of you!

November 7, 2008 at 8:51 PM  
Blogger Mare said...

Good Luck! I've got my fingers crossed for you both!

November 8, 2008 at 2:46 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Greetings from Sagle, Idaho. I enjoy your blog very much.
I am hoping for the best for you and Sarah today - she is beautiful!

November 8, 2008 at 4:41 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

Sagle!! Man, I miss sandpoint. I really do. Did you know I lived there this time last year Mary? The bonner county library is amazing, I miss saying hello to Lincoln when I walked in...

November 8, 2008 at 6:41 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

I read on your blog that you lived here for a year. I am looking forward to reading your book!
My husband and I just moved here in July and we love it. The fall leaves were spectacular, Sandpoint was blazing with color.
Now we are waiting for snow.
We are driving into town today and I have just added the library to the list. I will search out Lincoln.

November 10, 2008 at 12:47 PM  
Blogger mes chiens,mes borders collie said...

j'aimerais vraiment parler plus anglais, quand je passe sur votres blog!!

bonne continuation

gaelle

November 15, 2008 at 3:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home