Saturday, October 4, 2008

the best pancakes ever

I love pancakes. I figured out this recipe from adapting a few and it creates the fluffiest, sweetest, pancakes ever. Feel free to add blueberries, chocolate chips, fresh fruit and powdered sugar to top it off. I only use cast iron greased with real butter when I make mine (If you're falling, dive) Enjoy!

Cold Antler Pancakes
1 1/2 cups organic flour
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp vanila
1/2 cup sugar
1 farm egg
1 1/3 cups milk

Tun on the range and heat up the skillet at a medium high heat, make sure a good spoonful of butter is melting in the pan and coating it with a good layer. Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl, then add the egg and milk. Mix fast and quick and then give it about 4 minutes to set and get fluffy (from the bakiing powder) in the bowl. When "risen" pour into skillet to the size you like your cakes. You know a pancakse is ready to flip over when the middle bubbles. Serve hot with real maple syrup (Grade B, son. Grade B is dark, rich, and get this tastes like maple.none of that flatlander grade A sugar water they sell in gift shops okay?)

4 Comments:

Blogger Mare said...

OH! You went and made me hungry for pancakes! I LOVE pancakes, and will try your recipie.I too cook them with my old cast iron pan and butter(no margarine in this house)and use very little if any syrup. Yum! Thanks for sharing! I really enjoy reading your blog.

October 4, 2008 at 9:07 AM  
Blogger E said...

I'll try these minus the sugar and with homemade preserves.
Sugar+ syrup is just too much for me.

October 5, 2008 at 1:25 PM  
OpenID lazytoadfarm said...

Hey thanks for the recipe. I make pancakes all the time and I hate to admit I use the box mix. I will use this recipe next time and know exactly what is in them! I love cast iron too, it is the only way to cook!

October 5, 2008 at 9:37 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

well the cool thing about these is you can make your own box mixes. Just mix all the dry ingredients in a jar or plastic bag and write how much milk and 1 egg to go on each. Then all you need to do is mix and bake, and like you said, you'll know what's in them. You can also wrap up the jars in nice cloth and twine ties and give them as housewarmers.

October 6, 2008 at 5:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home